INtroduce yourself

Options

Replies

• srupp11
    srupp11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm Shar. I have been off and on MFP for a couple years, never really committing or getting close to my goals. I have been putting myself last and not focusing on my health. So in a effort to stay committed and accountable I'm joining this group. I currently weight 172, so my goal is to get to 130. Here's to finally loosing the extra 42lbs I have gained since I had my 3 boys.
  • JLH024
    JLH024 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Jen - and I'm currently on matleave with my second babe, doing my BScN online and planning our wedding which is in February 2017! I'm looking to get down to my lowest 'adult' weight of 130lbs. After my first babe (AUG 2012) I was 171lbs. Lost approx 30-35lbs with a mixture of WW and MFP and super support! Was down to my lowest of 138lbs before getting pregnant with my second babe (FEB 2015). Now I'm sitting between 150-152lbs and am looking to shed it for the last time! With all the support and help from my family and my new pals on here I think it's doable! Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for support and supporting others! Good luck to everyone! Stay positive and supportive! :smiley:
  • jajbc
    jajbc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Karen. Happy to be back on MFP and working toward my goal of reaching and maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle! Just started September1, was so discouraged to see my previous weight 132 posted in June 2012, remembering how proud of myself I felt to see it at the time, not so proud right now!!My CW is 177. I am looking forward to challenging myself to get back on track for the long haul this time!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Reba B) And I do believe I am the oldest one on here!!
    I am 69 years old, have 3 grown kids that have given us 3 in-law kids and 8 adorable grandchildren. <3
    I am married to the best of the best hubbies for 49 years. Our 50th anniversary will be July 16, 2016 and I want all of my weight off by then. I can do it IF I stick to what I know works for me.
    We live in Kansas - about the center of the USA.
    I love mountains and the oceans - and yep I live in flat, dry Kansas.
    I also love to read - fiction: mysteries and always have one that I am reading and one that I am listening to as we drive everywhere.
    I love to travel and wish we could more.
    We farm and DH sells Pioneer seed - the type farmers plant - corn, soybeans, milo and etc.
    We both started our professional careers as teachers. DH quit when the opportunity to sell Pioneer was offered.
    I taught for 20 years, then because a drunk driver decided to hit us head-on, I had to quit.
    I am following the Paleo eating plan as I was diagnosed with a rare stomach disease a year ago. The Paleo diet has helped my symptoms, which is fantastic!!

I am excited to do this challenge as a stepping stone to the big goal. o:)
  • Marg672
    Marg672 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am Marguerite. I live in central Kentucky. I have never joined a challenge before so I am hopeful that this will accelerate my losses. I have been off an on MFP for years but this is the longest I have been on I think due to adding friend's who I do not know IRL. The support and encouragement have been phenomenal. Currently down 35# (since June1, 2015) with at least another 80# to go. I will be in my brother's wedding in November (nothing big, just a reading) and do not want to look the way I do now!
  • countrcowgirl
    countrcowgirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Donna. I have been on MFP for a while - did really well losing almost 70lbs but quite tracking - hibernated through the winter then was in a bad accident and couldn't exercise for quite a while and gained 64 lbs of it back - so know that I can exercise again - winter hasn't hit yet and the -40 weather with it I am joining this challenge. I have been going to the gym for the last 6 weeks now 6 times a week. I found before when I was successful that challenges really kept me motivated. Thanks for doing this challenge.

24232019.png
  • kickstandup
    kickstandup Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am Bill. I have been on MFP for a few years. At one point I had lost 55 pounds, but got away from daily logging and exercise and put 25 back on. Disgusted with myself for backsliding, and I am ready to kick some *kitten*. Add me if you would like, just let me know where you found me and a little about yourself. Let's do this!
  • Emilyblooms
    Emilyblooms Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Emily. My highest weight was 220, and right now I'm 171. I was about ten pounds lower until I broke my big toe while running, and got super discouraged (and gained back 30 lbs)! I am happy to be back on the right track toward my goal weight. I live in nyc and it's hard to be around superthin, tall women all the time! I worry that as it gets colder I'll lose my motivation and just want to curl up inside with a book and a coffee...I hope this group will help me with accountability.
    Cheers!
  • dontgiveup2319
    dontgiveup2319 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Samantha! I'm 26 and married with no kids yay! Been married for 6.5 years and pretty much after I got married I started gaining 10 lbs a year lol. I got to my highest weight this year which was 209 lbs. When I got married I weighed around 140-150.

I've been on mfp off and on for a couple of years. I've been trying to lose weight every year but always gave up. It's going to take longer this time but I'm ready for change. I've lost a total of 17.6 lbs so far and I currently weigh 191.4 :). Goal weight is 140 lbs (my husband's weight.) I hope to make lots of new friends to help along the way and to help others in their journey!
  • Wsrivas19
    Wsrivas19 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Winny and I would love to lose 20 pounds before Christmas but I NEED HELP!! I just can't seem to lose weight and I really could use advice and motivation! Looking forward to being part of this group. Start weight 167lbs goal weight 135lbs, height 5,2. 20 pounds is a good realistic goal to start!
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    fit4real wrote: »
    Hi there, I am a 37 year old wife and mom. I've been on MFP since April and have lost about 30 lbs. I still have 30 or so more to go. I have fibromyalgia and I can't exercise as much as I want without feeling the effects after...but I am trying my best!. I feel like I am in the groove now, I just ordered a Polar HRM strap and wireless earphones....who knew this stuff would be so important to me?!

Love the time frame for this challenge...I'm hoping to lose 15-20 more lbs by Christmas :)

Always looking for new active friends, I'm pretty active in the social part of MFP...I just stay away for the Chit Chat Forums ;)

Have you tried aquasize? My mom has fibromyalgia and she says that water aerobics don't bother her at all. Welcome and lets all shrink together!

No, but my Doctor keeps encouraging me to swim! I'll have to look into it to see if something is offered locally...hmmmmmm.... :)
  • Goooosfraba333
    Goooosfraba333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Mandi. I have a 2.5 year old daughter, and also a son who was born at the end of February. Thanks to a few pregnancy related issues, I wasn't able to be physically active...add that to having blood sugar issues and my weight went up 70 pounds. Even though it has been 6 months, I've only lost 35 of it, and it was all in the first six weeks. I'm currently fighting an addiction, as well as chronic endometriosis pain, and I'm convinced I'm still hormonal as hell on top of it all.

Once the weather cools off, I'm hoping to be out walking again, however its hard to say. My blood sugar seems to always drop too low no matter what, and/or my pelvic pain comes on. So much for exercise helping cramps. :'(

Anyway, I'm in the low to mid 180's, and it would be amazing to be 160 by Christmas. I usually don't do well losing weight too quick, though, so I think its more reasonable to aim for 170, which would put me out of the obese range and into overweight, woohoo!
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Im Josh, im 26 years old with an office job making me quite inactive.
    I joined MFP 170 days ago at 188lb, i weigh in today at 149.2lb

My goal is ideally to get down to 135 but have slipped off a little bit. Ive been a part of the previous 2 lose x by events and its really helped my motivation so im joining this one to help with the rest.

I have a holiday booked 18-21st which im going to enjoy and leave the diet behind but will be back on it when i get back!

• leewells2002
    leewells2002 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lee. Reading everyone's stories is so motivating! I had twins 16 months ago. I was at my highest weight ever, 163, when I got pregnant. I went up to 199, lost 30 pounds during my maternity leave and then went back up with the stress of work and babies and not changing portions after I stopped nursing. Started focusing in late June when I got up to 189, discovered the mfp community for the first time, and got lots of great tips. Now I'm at 177 and slowly, slowly going down. This challenge is perfect. I would love to be below my pre-pregnancy weight by Christmas!
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone :)

My name is Jess, i'm from the UK. I have been struggling to get my weight back down after gaining a couple of extra stone after getting too comfortable in a relationship :p Happy to say I am still in that relationship, and my partner is very supportive, but I need to shift those pounds! I have lost about 9lbs so far, but it has been a struggle and I give in to food and excuses not to work out very easily.

I am aiming for 1.5lb a week loss, which works out at *roughly* 20lbs with breathing space in case I mess up a couple of weeks or something.

Otherwise, I work in an office so not really active, hate cardio but love strength training. I know I am going to have to introduce some cardio into my workouts if I want to meet my goal but ergh :p

Looking forward to staying disciplined and actually hitting my goal, starting off the new year the way I mean to continue!
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've been with MFP for a little over a year, lost 40 pounds but have been maintaining/building muscle for the last 8 months and want to focus on finally losing "The Last 10 Pounds". Hoping this group will be what I need to keep me motivated day to day.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Heather! I've used MFP as a tool to successfully lose weight before, but then got overconfident and gained it all back and then some. I just completed a Whole30. I started this year out at 200. I'm currently down to 182.5 and I'd love nothing more for Christmas than to lose 20 pounds!
  • sealightdolphin
    sealightdolphin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi all, My name is Vicky. I am 38 years young. I am a single mom. I work a lot and when I am not working, you normally can find me and my little girl on the beach. Thou I pay the bills, by making reservations for major hotels here at the beach, my passion is art. I have gained over a 100 pounds in the last 2 years. I have a special needs that has mental illness, and 2 years ago, we put him into a longterm treatment center. I ate to soothe myself. A month ago I had a very severe allergic reaction and almost died. It woke me up that I need to be the healthy mom that my daughter needs. I have lost 14 pounds so far and my goal is 40 by Christmas.
  • krixi
    krixi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm 29 year old and I've been on MFP on and off since 2011. I successfully lost 20 lbs a few years ago, but now i'm pretty much right back where i started. I currently weigh 154 lbs and want to get down to 130 lbs, and by goal is to do this be Christmas.
  • eldohertycma
    eldohertycma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Erin. I had the lap band in 2007 revised to the gastric sleeve in 2010. I was 310 and I'm down to 207. I'm looking to get down to 155lbs. Anyone have any questions or add me as a friend.