Oh to be a nearly 13yo boy...

Options
My son, who will be 13 on the 29th of this month and measures in at a whopping 5' 9.5" and 104lbs, woke up at 8am, devoured nearly 500 calories of eggs, butter, cheese, turkey sausage and 2% milk, then went back to bed (after mostly successfully cleaning up after himself).

I am sure he will wake up at 10am starving, lol

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    My son, who will be 13 on the 29th of this month and measures in at a whopping 5' 9.5" and 104lbs, woke up at 8am, devoured nearly 500 calories of eggs, butter, cheese, turkey sausage and 2% milk, then went back to bed (after mostly successfully cleaning up after himself).

That sounds like a teenage boy to me alright!
    Mine is 13, about 5'2.5, 80lbs and can do the same. Except for the part where he got his own breakfast and mostly cleaned up after himself. Lol
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    lol My oldest son (tall and skinny) used to eat us out of house and home. Breakfast was 4 eggs, 1/2lb of bacon, 2 servings of grits with cheese, 3-4 pieces of french toast. 2 hours later, he was eating again. He'd eat upwards of 30oz of steak for dinner, plus mashed potatoes and veggies. His fave lunch was 8 pbj sandwiches with carrots. And then there were the snacks. His 12-15 years doubled our food costs.

I miss those days, just not the expense of them!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I've got one who is a few months younger but much shorter - about 5'. For breakfast he had 6 slices of bacon, a breakfast sausage patty and a cantaloupe. LOL

I have two more boys who are younger but large eaters. My 8 year old out eats me quite often. I'm dreading having three teenaged boys in the house. They'll bankrupt me!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    He woke up at 10am and had a smoothie composed of about 1/2 cup full fat plain greek yogurt, 1/4 cup 4% fat vanilla greek yogurt, 6oz frozen mixed berries and another 6-8oz of milk. He'll be eating again soon.

I want his metabolism, lol
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My college has an all you can eat dinner service. The guys I was eating with the other day each had between 6-8 slices of pizza(big slices), 2-3 helpings of salad, a burger and fries, sushi, and then cake for dessert. They also carried about half a pizza back to their dorms for 'late night munchies'. I honestly don't know how their stomachs fit inside of them!
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    My college has an all you can eat dinner service. The guys I was eating with the other day each had between 6-8 slices of pizza(big slices), 2-3 helpings of salad, a burger and fries, sushi, and then cake for dessert. They also carried about half a pizza back to their dorms for 'late night munchies'. I honestly don't know how their stomachs fit inside of them!

>:) Back in the good old days... an eating fest like that usually
    came after a doobie doobie doo... >:)

Woodstock generation showing thru... o:)

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    Yeah, ate incredible amounts of all the foods after a toke or two, and I am not Woodstock generation, lol
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    And we wonder why "Just say NO" worked so well. :wink:
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me fear the day that my soon-to-be-5 year old son turns into a teenager, he already eats like an adult! And hardly ever puts any weight on. Lucky bugger.
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    Oh you have a lot to look forward to. My girls are 40, 34 & 28. They're still kids. :)
    But then so am I. :smiley:
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    TIL I am still a 13 year old boy. ;)
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

It catches up with them. My son's now 20 and he was always lean. It's catching up with him now though, he's gained a fair bit of weight in the last 12 months, eating like he did when he was running around doing stuff, and growing, and now he sits on his *kitten* in front of a computer all day.

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    My son is 14. All his friends are 14. One is 6' 5", another is 6' 2", another is 6'. They inhale food. I refer to his regular group of 7 friends as the Hoovers and feel like I'm stocking up for a natural disaster whenever there's a LAN party here. ;)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options

Carbs are good at double/triple bunking. :)

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    My son is a very competitive baseball player and he started using my Dumbbells to gain upper body strength and has me making him protein shakes now.
  • amb312
    amb312 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My 12 y.o. Hockey player eats constantly. I'm so jealous!
  • Syleyna
    Syleyna Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this. I have two toddlers and they're not interested in eating much at all. Most days. On the odd occasion they catch me off guard, usually when I haven't brought much food along with us on an outing.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Syleyna wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this. I have two toddlers and they're not interested in eating much at all. Most days. On the odd occasion they catch me off guard, usually when I haven't brought much food along with us on an outing.

Don't get too excited about it. It can be very expensive to feed teenagers. My son will eventually eat as much as (if not more than) me. I don't even want to think of the food costs of feeding two of me.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Holy cow, that tall and 104lbs? How many accusations do you get of starving him from people who don't know how he eats? (To compare, his BMI is 15.1; if he were an adult, he'd be severely underweight; as it stands, according to the CDC, he's in the 3rd percentile for a 13 year old, which is considered underweight, and the 6th percentile for a 12 year old, which is on the low border of healthy.) Hell, I'd probably swap that 2% milk for at least whole, if not cream, and the turkey sausage for pork sausage for the sole purpose of getting more calories in him to put some weight on him.

I say that as a mom who can relate. My son, who's only 5, nearly eats us out of house and home already (2 pounds of apples gone in about three days, a quart of strawberries or pint of blueberries gone in a sitting), and we can barely keep weight on him. He's sat at about 40lbs for the better part of year. It's going to be insane when he actually gets into organized sports (especially since he's showing interest in basketball and soccer).
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, which god was forever ago it seems, I had a friend who was 6'2", skinny as a bean pole. He'd eat 4 lunch trays at lunch and then all the leftovers from every one elses. He is also the only person I have ever known to be kicked out of a buffet..... My husband was there when it happened and I know it to be true LOL. They were there 4 hours...... All the other guys had finished and was just watching him put plate after plate back until the manager comp'd his meal and asked him to leave. :| His mother would cook him a giant stock pot of soup for one meal.

I have no idea where he put it all. Even now he's not fat, although no longer lanky and bean pole thin, and still eats that way.