3 weeks post-op help

Options
2»

Replies

• christophertoddchandler
    Options
    I'm going to echo what everyone else has said - the scale is wicked bi@%$ and doesn't move like I want her to; however, the inches are dropping off. My weight loss is sporadic; I will hover around a weight for 5-10 days, then drop 3 pounds every other days for a couple of days. I, as others have mentioned, find that measuring myself and looking at how my clothes fit is a more accurate reflection of my progress. I have started exercising and lifting weights; I suspect that I am building muscle and losing fat.
    Last bit of advice - everybody is an experiment of One. Your progress will not necessarily mimic everyone else's. Some lose weight faster than others. Count those NSVs - those are the changes that affect your quality of life. The scale only reflects you're relationship with gravity...

Dang scale! well said.

• SassyAshleigh
    SassyAshleigh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm going to echo what everyone else has said - the scale is wicked bi@%$ and doesn't move like I want her to; however, the inches are dropping off. My weight loss is sporadic; I will hover around a weight for 5-10 days, then drop 3 pounds every other days for a couple of days. I, as others have mentioned, find that measuring myself and looking at how my clothes fit is a more accurate reflection of my progress. I have started exercising and lifting weights; I suspect that I am building muscle and losing fat.
    Last bit of advice - everybody is an experiment of One. Your progress will not necessarily mimic everyone else's. Some lose weight faster than others. Count those NSVs - those are the changes that affect your quality of life. The scale only reflects you're relationship with gravity...

That was wonderful! Thank you for the humorous and enlightening advice! It was awesome!
  • SassyAshleigh
    SassyAshleigh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: Last week I stuck to what I was supposed to do, as each of you told me and I lost 4.8 lbs. Thank you to everyone for your encouraging words and help! I greatly appreciate it!
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yay SassyAshleigh! Woot woot!