Options
valmaebel
valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
l5nozqeg4tcn.jpg

Replies

• valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Read your posts yesterday, but haven't had time to respond.

Sherry - Have you talked to your hubby about how much stress it puts on you when you can't get rid of stuff and reorganize? Maybe have him help you? Not sure if that's at all realistic, he might have an insane schedule that prevents him from helping. How does he react when you've purged everything while he was gone?

Marla and Laura - hopefully your work out the sleeping issues soon! I tend to struggle to get to sleep here in the summer because it's so hot. Just a few more weeks and the temp should be dropping to where I will actually be able to sleep better.

Yesterday I took the day off from counting calories. Had all my relatives over and so I just focused only on enjoying myself with everyone. I did a run with intervals built in yesterday. 3 min fast and 2 min slow. Went well, but only had time to do about 2 miles. I'm about to head off to the Y to ride the stationary bike for 30 min this morning. Tonight the hubby and I are taking the kids to a baseball game. I got tickets for free! Doubt the kids will last very long, but since we didn't pay for the tickets, I don't think that matters.

Have a great day everyone!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Sorry about people's sleep problems. Me too. :< It really makes the whole day a lot longer.

Today is my rest day, which sounds bad as it's been so long since I've posted anything. Saturday and Sunday I attended a flyball tournament with my dogs, Yesterday, Fells, Colin, and I did a run/walk for an hour, early in the morning before it got too hot. It reminded me why Colin normally stays home when I want to do some running. Next time it will just be with Fells when I'm being serious about getting some exercise in. Then, for the past three nights I've woken up with my shins cramping. So light day today.

Tonight I will do light yoga for a half hour

Tomorrow will be my first trainer workout since quite a long time.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hi bts! Welcome back!

Had to laugh at your dad Laura! Mike doesn't do it all the time just when I put certain things in or when its spaced too far, he likes to load a bunch of stuff, i tend to think water will get around more with space, also he thinks if its good dishwasher you dont need to barely rinse off, i rinse everything because washers don't work that good! Lol

I had list for today and just completed most of it, odered internet and from amazon new router and modem, garbage service.

Going later to check on new phone that is taking its time to come in, ordered through costco because verizon there had $200 off bill at time, now its only $50. Then we are hearing this guy we like in Ashland play on Hurdy Gurdy machine at pub decorated renaissance like.

I will be doing mostly walking today, back at Nia tomorrow.

Val...enjoy the game sounds like fun!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Donna! Nice to hear from you again! September is a great time for a fresh start. How are the dogs doing with flyball?

Val, sounds like a nice day yesterday. Good to get some fun & relaxation after all the stresses you've been dealing with lately from the extra responsibilities you've taken on. Have fun at the game. Free tickets are great!

Marla, how's the rash? Hope your phone comes soon.

Sherry, hope you're hanging in there. :)

My legs are sore today from my trainer workout yesterday. We're finally starting to get back into some tougher leg workouts now that my leg is healing. I'm not squatting anywhere near the weight I was before but it's nice to at least be trying it again. Jason has mostly had me doing kettlebell squats the past couple months, when there's any weight at all.

I'm supposed to run tonight and I'm not even a little bit in the mood. It's running group tonight, where I run by myself anyway because I'm so much slower than everyone else. I'm struggling with the interval I'm on now. Typically this is the point where Jason would bump me up but yesterday I told him I wasn't ready yet. I'll run tonight & before my session with him on Thursday, and hopefully after that will be ready to bump up for the weekend. I'm finally at that point where I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone and I'm not sure how much of this is physical and how much of it is mental. It's been a long time since I've even been able to do that with cardio.