Every little bit counts

Options
Over the last few months I’ve found that I’ve rarely had the time to get in a real, full workout. To be honest, most of my sessions are only around 15 minutes and during that time I focus on just one of the exercises.

I used to think that I was wasting my time. I mean, what good is 15 minutes and only 1/3 of the workout? But then I realized that I’ve dropped inches and increased my lifts. If I hadn’t done the little I could whenever I could squeeze it in than I would have probably lost all momentum (and gains) and would have had to start from scratch.

So I just want to put this out there in case anyone is feeling like because they don’t have time to go HAM they shouldn’t go at all. Every little bit really does add up.

Replies

• threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    It really does. These days I only have time to get in the most basic lift session, but it's better than doing nothing at all. and if I really only have 20 minutes to invest I can do the row machine which still take some strength. So I agree! Every little bit counts, and anything is better than nothing!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i've just found this out recently too. all i've been doing over the past month or so, is bypassing the easy-clip collars and using those horrible spring clips instead, where you have to squeeze them to get them to open enough to slide along the bar ends. i've been concentrating on using my left hand as well, except when i was absolutely desperate to get the things on.

you'd really think it was nothing, just . . . what? two singles on each side of the bar (off, and on again) any time i was changing my plates. a lot of the time i only held myself to it when i was doing my squats and then switched to the collars when i had the bar on the floor. but a month or so of that, and my grip and my forearm muscles are dramatically improved.