Severe thyroid pain

Options
sarahbe89
sarahbe89 Posts: 18 Member
i need some advice. Long story short, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism after giving birth to my daughter almost two years ago. I was put on synthroid and it never helped then I lost my health insurance and went unmedicated for some time. I then started self medicating with armpit thyroid about three months ago started feeling 1000000 x better and losing weight etc. I haven't gotten my levels checked or anything due to not having insurance but what concerns me is recently my thyroid has been hurting really bad. It's both a constant soreness and intermediate sharp pains on the left side. I don't know what to do about this. Is it worries one enough to encur a huge bill by going to the hospital? I just don't know.

Replies

• sarahbe89
    sarahbe89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Armour thyroid*** damn auto correct lol
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Self-medicating with Armour? Are you buying it on the Internet or something? How do you know the proper dosage?

Please see a doctor. There's another thread here about what to do if you don't have insurance.

Edited to add the link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10234172/no-health-insurance-with-hypothyroidism
  • ButterflyBites
    ButterflyBites Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    See a doctor, if you don't and things get worse think about how much higher your medical bills could be!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    This is not something you can diagnose over the internet. Check into a free clinic and get medical attention immediately. As far as not being able to pay for medication clinics stock donated medicine from pharmaceutical companies and every pharmaceutical company has a program for those who show need and cannot afford the medication.