Week 1 Check-In: Week of September 7, 2015

Options
CatAlii
CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
Week 1 Check-In: Week of September 7, 2015
Welcome to 4 months, 20 lbs, a group of people supporting and encouraging each other in our journey to better health 5 lbs at a time for the next 4 months. The idea behind this group is, by setting smaller more attainable goals, we will be more likely to succeed at our long term goals. We started this 4 month cycle last week on September 1, 2015 but feel free to jump in any time!

I will post a check-in thread every Monday (or the night before) but if you prefer to check-in on another day please do that. You can also check-in with whatever data you have from your most recent weigh-in or you can wait until your weigh-in day.

By checking in each week, we can assess which goals and resolutions are working, which aren’t, and improve them for the next week. Thank you so much for being a part of this group. Here's to reaching our 2015 goals! Have a wonderful week. :smiley:

To get started, please copy and paste the four items below in your post:
Weight loss goal for September:
Net weight loss from September 1st:
Favorite motivators:
Resolutions for this week:

Replies

• CatAlii
    CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 5 lbs
    Net weight loss from September 1st: 0 lbs
    Favorite motivators: Having more energy, feeling better, having my clothes fit better
    Resolutions for this week: 5000 steps each day, drink more water, track every day

Good morning everyone! What is everyone doing for Labor Day? I'm planning to use the day to clear out some junk from our house, catch up on laundry, and hopefully have time for a hike if it isn't too warm. Nothing too exciting planned. We spent the day with family yesterday and went to a fun community fair so a low-key day to catch up on stuff sounds nice for today.

I didn't weigh-in last week so I don't really know if my loss is zero, I may have gained or lost, so I'm going to assume no change and start with 0 for this week.

Have a great Labor Day and a wonderful week!
  • cherrie1969
    cherrie1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I stayed home did some things around the house ate good like I have been my goal for September is to be 8 pounds lighter.September 7,I lost 3.8 we will see what next week will bring.I weigh every Monday.I have a very long road ahead of me I figure if I lose around 2 pounds a week in 4 months I should be down to 20 pounds or less I hope I can. Weight loss goal for September:8 pounds
    Net weight loss from September 1st:3.8 pounds
    Favorite motivators:trying to reach my goal to get under 200 lbs
    Resolutions for this week:To find exercises to help me get rid of some inches off my arms, neck, and waist. A little about myself I currently weigh today 238.2 my first goal is to reach under 200 after that my goal I put for me is to be 140 so I have a long way to go but I will get there.I started August 10,weighing 255.8 I have lost so far 16.8.Even though losing 20 will not get me under 200 it will get me close to it.Even though this journey will be long and hard I am ready and willing to change this time.I want to win this battle I want to be under 200 and beyond and this time I want to keep it off for good.
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 5 pounds
    Net weight loss from September 1st: 2.2 pounds
    Favorite motivators: watching the scale move in a downward path
    Resolutions for this week: Get to the gym at least 1X during the work week. Take a walk everyday and get at least 30 minutes of exercise time in each day.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 8 pounds

Net weight loss from September 3rd: weight 185.8 today 180.6 -5.2 pounds loss

Favorite motivators: Coming back from a few weeks of falling of the diet wagon and lost my way for a while. MY only motivator is to be at my first goal of a 100 pounds loss. Started at 270.4 pounds June 2014, down 89.8 pounds. I used the 3rd of Sept as my starting date because i didn't weigh in on 1st.

Resolutions for this week: To keep going strong and going to work out 2x this week.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    new to the group :) starting weight today : 148
    goal is to lose a steady .5 to a solid lb a week.
    Motivators I want to be the thin mom at my daughter's wedding and i don't want to be rushed to lose the weight so I'm starting now. I have lost 20 lbs since her college graduation in May.

I need to continue to eat vegetables it has taken me a while to get use to them. I need to keep pushing with the exercise it's amazing how much better I feel with eating better and losing weight. I have a big goal I want to do but I have to get medical clearance to accomplish that. So it's just small steady steps for now.
  • amyaimee
    amyaimee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OMG you guys are so motivational!

Weight loss goal for September: 5 lbs (starting wt 187.5)
    Net weight loss from September 1st: 2.5 lbs
    Favorite motivators: being super close to my first 5 pound mini-goal (1 more pound!); having more stamina when I hike with my boyfriend; getting close to my next-size-down wardrobe
    Resolutions for this week: tracking every day; 6000 steps a day; weight training at the gym twice

I fell off the wagon Monday evening, but I'm back on track today. Here's my blog post about it. Have a beautiful week, ladies!
  • suej234
    suej234 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 5 lbs (starting weight 203.5)
    Net weight loss from September 1st: 1.1 lbs (203.5-202.4)
    Favorite motivators: feeling like I lost my mojo so I'm currently trying to define those. I'm contemplating a hiking vacation to Zion National Park. Then I'll have a goal to work towards!
    Resolutions for this week: being physical every day = 2 training sessions and either gym or walking; continue 'no sugar' month

Morning ladies! I prefer to weigh-in on Wednesdays. I seem to have higher sodium intake on the weekends so I need a couple days to push it through. :-) This weekend was particularly hard. I'm finding that my bad habits are coming to light, such as eating late, snacking during studying (can we say stress eating?), and my sugar monster is rearing its ugly head. Yesterday I was drained and that's when I'm at my weakest. But NSV for me...a coworker brought a scrumptious piece of cake in specifically for me and I stuck it in the freezer, saving it for my cheat day (after 30 days of no sugar). Heck, I may not even WANT it by then!

Everyone is doing so well. Keep it up!
  • GerryComerRogers
    Options
    HI, I am new to this site, and saw your group while browsing the groups. Your group caught my attention because I think that a loss of 20 pounds by the end of the year, broken down into small goals, is the way to go for me. I am a 59 year old woman who has lost weight in the past... and gained it all back, plus more...now it is time to get serious and develop an eating plan that I can live with for the rest of my life. I have a wonderful life, work part time at a job I love, have a super family, and am very blessed with the ability to travel with my husband. I will turn 60 on December 30th. Even though I have "missed" a week of September, I think I can "catch up". I look forward to hearing from you!!!
  • 2006T
    2006T Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I seem to not do well over the weekend. I think I am not regimented enough and I am really sketchy at logging in my meals. Very hit and miss as the day wears on. I have a 0 net loss over the long weekend and am looking to do better this week on into next weekend -

Weight loss goal for September:5 lbs.
    Net weight loss from September 1st: 0lbs.
    Favorite motivators: feeling in control
    Resolutions for this week: Log every day including weekend. Exercise 3 days this week.
  • tcgsimon
    tcgsimon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join the group, and are fellas welcome too?
  • suej234
    suej234 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    tcgsimon wrote: »
    Is it too late to join the group, and are fellas welcome too?

Of course! The more the merrier :) Welcome!
  • spicklkm
    spicklkm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Net weight loss from September 1st: 2.6 pounds
    Favorite motivators: need to fit back in fall/winter clothes!!
    Resolutions for this week: track every day (having trouble with MFP for some reason so I hope this is possible), some form of exercise at least 5 times/week, reduce sugar intake

I weigh on Thursday mornings. I have lost and gained the same 5 pounds a bunch of times this past year and it seems every time I gain it goes right to my lower stomach! So, my pants are too tight! I really want to make some positive changes that I can stick with for the long haul. Looking forward to this journey with your support!

• rdt111
    rdt111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Net weight loss from September 1st: 0
    Favorite motivators: i'll have to think more about this one.
    Resolutions for this week: drink more water eat the rainbow!!