Restless arm syndrome?

Options
InADarkRoom
InADarkRoom Posts: 84 Member
edited September 2015 in Social Groups
I managed to get into ketosis for a couple weeks...then kicked myself out of it with a bit of my son's birthday cake at the weekend. (I know...stoopid!! Have kicked myself many times!) Trying to get back there now. My appetite hasn't returned to its former ravenous self, thankfully. But I also don't have that feeling that you have whilst in ketosis, the energy, lack of tiredness and decent mood. That said, I know that I can get back into ketosis. And I will. It's just taking longer than I'd hoped it would second time around.

My current issue though, is the apparent "restless arm syndrome" I seem to have at night. As soon as I go to bed, my right arm feels odd. Regardless of how I lay. It's like I have to keep moving it. Or it's...uncomfortable. Almost to the point of pain but not quite. Hard to explain. Totally random movements too, like hitting out at nothing. It's really affecting the amount of sleep I'm getting as it's taking an age to actually drop off to sleep.

I take magnesium (375mg) at night and a multivitamin and mineral in the morning. I have been advised to increase my electrolytes, particularly sodium which I will attempt to do. Though I'm not a fan of pickle juice or broth so it will be tricky! Anyone have any other ideas of cause/cure?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Replies