INtroduce yourself

Options

Replies

• waistdisposalgirl
    Options
    hi there :smiley: I'm jenni, I have three wee boys (4yrs, 2yrs and 6 weeks) so this would be great for me to cut down post baby. I have about 35 pounds to lose over the longer term but would love to kick start it with you. I am exclusively breastfeeding so will have to try to get the balance right re: calories. Between school drop offs, the two year olds wee classes, cleaning and cooking I don't envisage a whole load of exercise so the goal is to get in 2 per week, even if it's a power walk for 30 mins... Good Luck everyone!xx
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Jenny, 33 years old from Ireland.

This is not my first time doing one of these challenges, however I really veered off track all summer and this challenge is exactly what I need to get back on track throughout the winter. I would love to lose 20lbs by Christmas- that's just under 1.5lbs per week. Going to try to shake it up with some new exercises too so hopefully I'll hit the 20! I'll be happy with 15 lbs loss though!

Good luck everyone.
  • ellejay29
    ellejay29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lisa. I started my weight loss journey 2 years ago Aug 13 (211lbs) and by Dec was down to (168lbs) For a year I continued losing weight through exercise and got to a point where I fluctuated between 152 and 168lbs. I only lose or maintain with exercise as I'm not a dieter :(
    This year I had to change gyms and havent been as committed as i was. Ive also had a really busy July-present date and have barely set foot in gym at all. The result is a significant weight gain (back to 168lbs) and up a dress size. It'sbeen slowly steadily creeping on and Iineed to nip Iit in the bud.
    To make matters more complicated I fell downstairs 5 days ago and tore the ligaments in my right foot. Am feeling really hopeless so thought group motivation may help. If anybody would like to add me as a friend I would be very grateful as we always achieve more with support. Thank you x
  • nancypnurse
    nancypnurse Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    nancy here. Lost 18 lbs since May (took August off to have a rockin' good time, but luckily only gained one pound back.) I have to admit-- I feel so much better when I cut down on the sugars. Once again, going through withdrawals as I kick the excessive chocolates, pastries, chips and beer to the curb... but after a day, I'm already looking up. Watch out Santa, this elf is ready to rock around the Christmas tree ;)
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    ellejay29 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Lisa.
    To make matters more complicated I fell downstairs 5 days ago and tore the ligaments in my right foot. Am feeling really hopeless so thought group motivation may help. If anybody would like to add me as a friend I would be very grateful as we always achieve more with support. Thank you x

Can totally relate to your injury Lisa...I did the same..well I did not fall down the stairs (just glad you did not break anything...I would have cracked my head!). I tore the ATF ligament in my right ankle on Friday....7 days ago. Painful and you do feel helpless as to what activities you can do....which is not much but rest and keep off of the foot!! Wishing you all the best and a quick recovery!!
    Nancy

• YouBlowMyMind
    YouBlowMyMind Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm Chloe. Lost around 40kg in the past 2.5 yrs and wanting to lose another 10 or so and to tone up all my extra saggy bits. Finding it hard to get motivated to exercise but have been doing reasonably well with my calorie intake. Reading everyone stories gives me inspiration and joining a group I'm hoping will give me the motivation to get my butt into gear :)
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hello there! My name is Danielle, I am 47 and 1 year through menopause. I have two boys, 17 and 7. I am also a high school art teacher. My weight has fluctuated between 140-180 for the past 10 years. So tired of this. Apparently I just can't be thin without a bunch of hard work. The older I get, the harder for sure. 5 months ago I started running, found I loved it, did it for 1 month, then had a very bad foot injury. I have not run for four months, but I just ran 1.3 miles today, after having custom insoles and real good shoes. I am heavier than ever in my life , weighing in at 197...so disgusted with myself because size 18 doesn't always fit! Started tracking the past two days, and have been exercising this past week. Wish me luck!! PS. ...I have an open diary if you'd like to check up on me :)
    I'm pretty much where you're at...menopausal. have been 170's to 215 in the past 10-15 years. Was at my highest (215) a couple of months ago, have made it down to 207 in the last challenge (drop 15 by Labor Day) and am hoping for a good loss in the new challenge.
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm turning 59 in a few weeks. I retired just over 2 years ago. I'm married with 2 grown kids and 3 grandchildren. I've been on MFP for about 3 years but got serious just over a year ago. I started MFP at 238 lbs and have lost 55 lbs (183 lbs), mostly within this past year. It's been a long time since I've been anywhere close to my goal weight so I'm not even sure what it is. For now, I'm going to say I'd like to lose another 40 lbs but that may be a bit much - I want to be slim but I want to enjoy my life - I don't want my entire life to be about keeping off 10 arbitrary pounds. Losing 20 lbs by Christmas may be a bit ambitious but I'm going to give it a try.

I've joined a few of these groups in the past and have found everyone very supportive and helpful.

Best of luck to everyone.
  • Nance_61
    Nance_61 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I'm Nancy, from Ontario Canada. I'm 54 years old, and at my heaviest was 238 lbs about 4-5 years ago. I'm about 5'7" tall. I lost 34 pounds 3 years ago, but put 10 pounds on and then lost that and another 9 so was down to about 195 with MFP. Sadly, I went off MFP and it's been creeping back on ever since. Was back up to 214 in July of this year and I've decided enough is enough. I am a stress and emotional eater - mindless eating is also an issue. I've spent a long time blaming everything to being big boned (ha!) to lack of attention from my father for my weight gain .. when in reality it's all on me, my choices, my excuses, what I put in my mouth and sitting on my duff too much. I joined a gym over a year ago, and despite putting back on some weight, have religiously been going 4-5 times per week - I really enjoy it and it does improve my mood and my day. Since I've recommitted to MFP I've continued to go every morning before work, and have made some modifications to my program. I still can only squeeze in about 35 minutes each morning due to my work commitments, but those 200+ calories that I burn off allow me to not feel deprived around my food choices. House and garden work are no longer a chore - they're exercise and they allow me to enjoy a glass of wine from time to time. I'm down 10 pounds in about 45 days - my goal is 1 to 1.5 pounds per week and my first goal is to be down by 34 pounds - so 24 to go as of yesterday. I will be 180 then and I will re-evaluate at that time and determine my next goal then. My overall goal is to be healthy, improve my odds in the longevity lottery, and get off the yo-yo weight gain train. Self-image improvements will be a nice by-product. I am looking forward to sharing this journey with you all - good luck and good planning everyone. Please add me as a friend if you wish... Cheers, from North of the 49th!
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Betsy. I have been a member of MFP for about 4 years but wasn't really committed for the first 3. I am now and started with 80 lbs to lose (240). I am down 25 and would love to be down another 20 by Christmas (that would put me over my halfway mark!) My ultimate goal is to weigh 160. Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • hamstertears
    hamstertears Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Chelle. I've just joined MFP a little over a week ago after losing about 15 pounds in a few months, decided I needed to keep better track! I have way more than 20 pounds to go (81 actually), but by Christmas sounds very doable.
  • EandA85
    EandA85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been on mfp for about 3 years on and off but I've never done a challenge. I had lost about 40 pounds over a year and a half, but I let myself go and gained about half back. I'd like to lose this regained 20# by Christmas and then work on losing an additional 20 after the new year. I eat around 1500 calories, try to stay with minimally processed food and I'm trying to get back into running. I love friends, so feel free to add me!
  • Becoming_A_Princess
    Options
    Hello I'm Heather. Excited to be here, I'm semi just starting out. I've lost 31 lbs so far with lots more to go. Yippee for 20 more by Christmas.
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Erin and have been trying to lose 20lbs for about 6 months now and I start out great for about 2-3 weeks and then I let something derail me. I know I need to stop making excuses and just do it and in the end I will feel so much better about myself. So my goal is just to stop making excuses and just do it... Starting with eating healthier ( I tend to binge) which I know I can control I just have to keep my head straight and not starve myself to the point I will just stuff myself.. Next is to try and work out if that just includes a walk around the neighborhood every night or actually getting into the gym. Just active again. I know I can do this and hopefully this challenge will just keep me motivated to do so! Best of luck everyone
  • duchess52
    duchess52 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Charmaine and I am new to mfp and I would like to join your group. I want to lose about 100lbs and I think that maybe you can help me. I am really out of shape and I need some easy exercises to start out. I hope to hear from you.

• duchess52
    duchess52 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am in a very similar situation. I have about 100 pounds to lose too. I am just getting back to MFP so am starting over. It would be nice to help each other thru this.
  • missmaddygal
    missmaddygal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Maddy. I've been lagging in motivation a bit lately so this challenge is just what I need! I'm 40 something, mum of 2, step mum to another 2. I'm GF and usually low carb approach (with cheats occasionally). Looking forward to joining this group and reaching our goals together with accountability buddies!
  • Dom8288
    Dom8288 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone , I'm Dom I'm 17 turning 18 in February ! I started MFP about 4 months ago and lost about 16 pounds in about 3. Then went off program and ate whatever and gained fast . I'm currently 248 lb goal is 195 lb . Excited to join for the encouragement, good luck all ! :)
  • StrawberryDisco
    StrawberryDisco Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm 29 and just moved to a new place and am starting a new job. I moved to try and take control of my life and I would like that to extend to me taking better care of my body. I don't currently have a scale but last my recent weight has between 215-218 and I'm 5'2". I have a long way to go, but if I can get down to 200 by the end of the year I will feel a sense of accomplishment. I'm fairly active and walk a LOT. I'm trying to get back into martial arts because I enjoy it. My biggest challenge is reigning in how much I eat. I'm not new to this site but this is my first time joining a group and I look forward to getting for with you guys!
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tracie. I am 48, married, and I have a son and daughter. I work from home, which gives me too much access to snacks when the pressure is on at work, or I'm bored. I've gained 40 pounds in about 4 years. I got here by sleep walking through life and numbing myself to situations that I was afraid to resolve. I think peri menopause, my father's death and a general sense of disconnection played roles. I'm trying to address my baseline issues to move forward and heal my body too.