Options
valmaebel
valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
ul8vef74gddg.jpg

Replies

• valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Sherry - I guess that makes sense. OCD enough where if he's "helping" or around he wants to do it a certain way. But happy with the results if he's not there. Hopefully you can make it until he's gone! My hubby can be a bit like that. When we moved he kept trying to discuss with me ways to arrange the kitchen. He didn't agree with some of my choices. I finally asked him if he would split the cooking with me, and if not then maybe we should organize it in a way that makes sense to me since I'm the one using it about 90% of the time. Thankfully he caved.

Marla - Ha! I actually when I first joined this group started writing everyone's real names down next to their handles because I couldn't keep it straight. :wink: I still had that. Ouch on the data! We have unlimited data through my hubby's Union. It's the only reason we got smart phones. I don't think I would have the will power to not check things constantly. Or stream Netflix for the kiddos when they're antsy in a meeting or something. You are brave!

Got my run in yesterday and it felt good. I also had a vigorous personal training session and then biked to school to get my son. It's been a crazy hectic week and it's not going to lighten up for several days. So I skipped the bike this morning to get some extra rest and sleep. I feel a bit better this morning. I had family over all day Monday, the baseball game Tuesday, our bible study last night (they all eat dinner at our house) and an all day staff meeting today followed by a bbq pool party, a church event I'm running on Friday night, and then Sunday all our kid's stuff kicks off so on top of the Sunday Morning stuff I now will be teaching a class in the evenings and such. It should calm down next week. It's made logging next to impossible as there are a lot of home cooked things that I didn't make. I skipped it for a couple days and just focused on portion control and enjoying myself with friends and family. I know where the staff is eating so I'm going to plan out my day right now and try to stay within my normal calorie range. A lot of sitting so now exercising to help out today. Except maybe the pool party. Just hanging in there until this week is over and I can get back into a normal routine!

Have a great Thursday!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Love the kids pic, Val. Glad that you all had fun!

Marla, I never remember anyone's name. I don't mind being called Bts. If it bothered me, I'd change my "name". I have a Samsung S5 which I really love and a data plan that fits my life. Occasionally I've allowed my nephew (10 years old) to borrow it for a bit when we're out at a restaurant. Then I have to really curtail what I do on it for the rest of the month. He can use more data in an hour or two that I use in a month. Be warned if you ever let a kid use your phone that some downloads (all approved by me; he is a good kid) can, all on their own, continue to use data well after they've been turned off or supposedly stopped. I've gotten into a habit now that anything I'm even a little uncertain of, that he put on my phone during dinner, is removed as soon as possible.

Laura, hope you're feeling better

Sherry, :smile: hope you can somewhat enjoy the chaos until everything can get settled again with kids in school and husband travelling.

Yesterday I went back to my trainer for a hour workout session. I'm am so far back from where I've been! It's embarrassing. Glad that I went though and now I'm focused forward. Today I will try to do a stair workout or two at work and tonight I'll do a body weight workout at home. Tomorrow morning I plan to do a run with Fells before work.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Val, what a week! Good luck is all I can say. :)
    Donna, I'm so far behind. I know how that feels. But I just tell myself that, if nothing else, I've got the determination to not give up.

Super excited for school to start. Tomorrow is just the blessing, no classes, but I seem to recall from my son's first day kindergarten having intro meeting on this day, so I've prepared lil girl for that.

So here's a nice example for ya. DH comes home from the gym the other night carrying deer antlers. Yep. AND, this is not the first time this has happened so I immediately start, "no! No! No!" Clearly he got them from the corner trash bin (like the last set, which are at the island house at least). He took them immediately to the balcony where they won't be in my way. I asked about them and he said he will cut them into pieces and take them to USA. .!?! I said, good they'll be out of here in a couple of weeks then. Yesterday, I stepped onto the balcony to see them. They are spray painted pink. I mean...wth?! 50/50 chance he'll do nothing with them and then get mad at me when I return them to the trash while he's away. Sigh. This is just one tiny example. I'm living in complete chaos.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I thought I already wrote today, must have got interupted after starting to read. I went to nia then we celebrated house closing today, even though we laughed that we are not there!

Sherry, my husband is a pack rat, and he thinks he has to save every memory. When I first met him he had about 20 boxes of keeper boxes from daughter growing up? You got that 20!! I have 1 with a few pics and drawings.

So since he worked long hours swings before we retired i got off at 5 i would come home and slowly toss stuff away. I felt gulity because yes it was his stuff but he would never throw it away and we were moving to apt with small storage before our next home.

I pared down to 5 boxes keeping the best and he never noticed. On this last move i was pround he got down to 2! Lol

I am awful about getting rid of his stuff but its so easy to do because he piles up so much!

I decided in new place not to give him office room because he ended up just filling it with junk. I am putting his desk in guest room and that will force him to keep clean. Men!