Heartburn yuk

Options
VSG - 11/13
I have been experiencing the worse heartburn lately (6-8 months now). It started slowly about a year out. I paid close attention to the triggers and thought I was keeping it under control. Lately, however, the triggers are:
1) eating, drinking
2) empty stomach
3) sitting or standing or laying down
4) moving or standing still
:#
Zantac helps, 2xd/150mg
My VSG surgeon no longer takes my insurance so my GP has ordered blood test, an H-Pyloric test and an endoscopic exam if the blood work and H-pyloric come back negative. My insurance has already denied the endoscope . . . I am SO frustrated. :s

Replies

• joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Oh no sending you positive thoughts can they appeal it?
  • BitterGrace
    BitterGrace Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had very bad GERD/heartburn and only Dexilant has worked for me. We had to get insurance to approve it, but it's been fantastic.
  • KyriaCathy
    KyriaCathy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had very bad GERD/heartburn and only Dexilant has worked for me. We had to get insurance to approve it, but it's been fantastic.
    Ah yes, Dexilant (Prilosec and Nexium) is a good one, PPI's work really well, but because I'm almost 60 it's not a good choice for me :( (increases risk for bone fractures.)
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I had documented acid reflux prior to the VSG, so my continued reflux is not a surprise. I take a generic form of prilosec very succesfully. We tried to discontinue the reflux meds, hoping that the weight loss might have solved the issue. Nope. So I still take it every day. Now that I'm 59, one of the things we will be talking about at my annual with the PCP is making sure I'm taking something that doesn't increase my risk of bone fracture. Other than that, I think this is a rest of my life thing.