Welcome - Introduce Yourself!

Options
2»

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48 work in customer service. My daughter just graduated from college and I was actually in the photos. Holy shmoly I was fat I have lost 20 lbs since may have a ways to go I don't want to be the fat mother at her wedding some day. :)
  • ShaunaPatterson
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a mom of a 4 year old boy, work full time and am hoping my motivation holds this time
  • rdt111
    rdt111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    My name is Rachel, I'm a single, college English instructor. I've been on dialysis for ten years and have gained weight instead of lost as promised by the doctors! ☺️ i'm pretty active: walking, biking, aquajog, kayaking, etc. but my eating needs help. I'm a fan of the string cheese and nutella on rice cake type of dinner. So I really need to focus on meal prep and balancing foods I can and can't eat while on dialysis. I liked the slow pace of this group--enough to feel like progress is being made, but a relaxed timeline to really focus on those food goals!
    I have about 40 pounds total to lose. Minus 40 at age 40! :)
  • apuls413
    apuls413 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My name is Ashley. Although I am only 27 I do have weight to lose, and I want it done before softball starts! I teach High School History and coach softball. I feel I can't be much of a role model for my players if i have this extra baggage with me! I love to cook so feel free to pass any low calorie recipes my way! I joined the group because you all seem so motivated and I need someone to hold me accountable, so I hope you can all help me with that! :smile: I am currently training for a 10k and then a half marathon next October (2016). I was supposed to do the half this year, but I had some serious headaches for a month and couldn't do it. I look forward to working with you all :smiley:
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Angela. I'm a 47 single Mother of 2 adult children. I was searching for something else and stumbled upon this group. I was on MFP briefly in 2013 or was it 2014. I didn't have any friends and didn't stick with my logging. I've been back now since April 2015 and I'm down 52lbs so far. I would love to lose another 20 to 25lbs by the end of the year. I walk/jog 1.5 miles early morning 5 to 6 days a week and do some light lifting.

SW: 285
    CW: 233
    GW: 175

I don't know that much about maneuvering the site and I don't belong to any other groups so hopefully I will be able to find the group again to keep up with the post. 4 months 20lbs we can definitely do this! Good luck to all! Oh please feel free to send me a friend request. Please mention this group.
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm 32 and a social worker - currently working to assist homeless veterans with housing. I am also attempting to buy a house myself and I had no idea just how stressful the search would be!

I was on track losing weight slowly and feeling healthy, but I have fallen off this month. I tend to follow that pattern and I am trying so hard to break it! When people talk about fluctuating 5 pounds over several months, I always think- I can do that in a weekend! Yikes.. I was doing really well for a while and then had an elbow injury- I got mostly healed up from that and then had a bad ankle injury. That last one was 3 months ago, and I still haven't gotten back to the gym and I am not exercising consistently in other ways either. I love mfp for the awesome sense of community it gives me. I am starting late in this group--so 20 lbs sounds steep for me, but hey - I can try! Thanks for starting this group :smile:
  • CatAlii
    CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone who has joined us! It's great to see so many people enthusiastic about a 5 lbs/month plan. Please feel free to add me as a friend too!
  • Tatz65
    Tatz65 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi Y'all :)
    I'm L~
    I'm 50, and now that I have "time" to help myself I wanna try to work on me.
    I've been a caregiver to my mom, my dad, my child, and others and my health has deteriorated because I basically forgot about me.
    So now is MY TIME, this is my new quest...
    I just turned 50 in April, I have to get some weight off and maybe joining this group will help me feel obligated to check in at least on a weekly base.
    So here's to this new lifestyle journey....
    Please feel free to add me as a pal, if you would like too..
    o:)
  • anndisme2
    anndisme2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! This looks like a great group. I'm an over-40 mom, with three YOUNG kids. I've recently started to get back into MFP, because the weight is just not going away on it's own! I could use some motivation and support. I stay ridiculously busy.
    Last week I started sort of my own personal challenge - 100 days to 2016, where I am AT THE VERY LEAST trying to post progress daily on MFP. I have a few daily goals. I've already had a hard time keeping up with these, but I'm determined to keep trying! Having a visual of the countdown to 2016 in my head seems to help.
    Here's to progress! Let's do it! :-)
  • CatAlii
    CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tatz65 and anndisme2! So glad to have you here. Please jump right in with the weekly check-ins. I'm also going to post a monthly wrap-up shortly.