10 Days of Thanks

Options

Replies

• CJ0821
    CJ0821 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It is amazing how far a little bit of positivity will go. I am thankful for my Husband and Son for dealing with my crazy, and allowing me to try out new recipes on them. I am definitely thankful for MFP and this great group. I have learned so much here and have never made feel out of place, or silly for any type of post or question I have had. Love it here!!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Days when I go through a lot of stress worrying about money and life in general, I calm myself down by reminding myself these three things:

I have a roof over my head
    I have food on my table
    And I have a family that loves me.

Works every time.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Someone that loves me and keeps me from letting my distorted sense of self drive me too hard
    Days when I go through a lot of stress worrying about money and life in general, I calm myself down by reminding myself these three things:

I have a roof over my head
    I have food on my table
    And I have a family that loves me.

Works every time.

Also a wonderful list

• amb312
    amb312 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Right now I am thankful for therapeutic blue gel and Aleve. I had on flip flops at work today and it was hard on my back walking on the hard floors.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for all of you supportive and loving friends. And that God has blessed me in many ways.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Love this post! I've been in a funk this week, and needed to see this uplifting set of messages. Thank you for encouraging me.

I'm grateful for my immediate family, my little tribe here at home, who let me be myself and take the good with the bad, and let me love on them.

I can't thank God enough for my husband. Meeting him was, without a doubt, the best thing that ever happened to me.

I'm grateful for my parents, who now live just down the road, a mere 10-minute drive away. Having previously lived several states apart, then a 1-hour drive apart, I am treasuring the 10-minute drive. We can help each other. We can be spontaneous. It's a wonderful thing.

I'm grateful for the excellent instructors and the loving childcare staff at our local YMCA. They are exceptional and have made fitness one of the high points of almost every day.

I'm grateful for this WOE and all it has done and is doing to make me healthier.

Last, but certainly not least, I am grateful for you good folks! When I get tired, worried, confused or discouraged in my diet and fitness meanderings, I can count on coming here and getting a perfect dose of perspective, humor, wisdom and encouragement. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    To those who had an idea, formulated a hypothesis, researched, experimented and refined this WOE and then put it into everyday language to bring it to people like me who's bodies struggle with processing carbs, I give many thanks.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am thankful that today is Friday and the sun is shining. Although a lot of house project work is scheduled for the weekend, we will be enjoying family and great weather at the same time. I am also thankful that while my eating wasn't ideal this week, it wasn't nearly as bad as my tastebuds and cravings were wanting it to be.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    My thanks for today is simple. It's been a good day and some good things happened.

But today above all else I'm thankful that all my loved ones are safe and happy and healthy.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Our kids! It was always our aim to raise kids who would go into the world and be decent people. So far, so good. We're concentrating on getting them safely through their teens. *fingers crossed*
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Thankful for @DittoDan ‘s help and motivation to try IF again . Pray I have the strength to keep it up so I can continue this weight loss journey.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Friends who willingly answer a million silly questions about the oddest topics.

Cheese and bacon and bacon and cheese and cheese and cheese and bacon. Amen.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Quiet mornings and fresh coffee.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful for finding this group and all of you amazing people, for encouraging and supporting each other.
    For my latest vacation :)
    For all of you putting up with my silly quotes
    For the roof over my head and delicious foods I love to make now
    For weather changing to be cool and fresh
    For the way I discover parts of my body I didn't know existed, like hip bones, lol
    For the Dumbbells, yoga mats and Shaun T ☺️

Thank you for being here and sharing your wins, your struggles and your lives!
    xoxox
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    puppy snuggles
    fajitas
    geometry
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    FOOTBALL!!!!!
    Chili
    Cold rainy fall days
    Getting lost in the corn maze with my nephew
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Whoops I missed yesterday.

Today I'm thankful that the weather has warmed up again. The sun has been shining all day, and should be the next couple of days.
    I'm thankful for a few very special friends I have made on here that have been more than supportive to me and so kind in offering their advice when I'm going through rough times.
    I'm thankful to be back on track and breathing ketones like a ketone breathing dragon, after an out of control weekend.
    I'm also thankful for the person who bumped @DittoDan's almond joy thread, making some tonight, can't wait!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful to be finally seeing the scale move after three long months of being up! It's worth hanging in there!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Thankful for @DittoDan ‘s help and motivation to try IF again . Pray I have the strength to keep it up so I can continue this weight loss journey.

I'm thankful for you trying things and not staying static, you're growing! Hip Hip Hooray for you @totaloblivia!

Dan

• mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thankful to be able to skip or postpone a meal when short on time, and not worry about it at all.

Thankful for cooler weather, even though that's 80s and 90s around here. After a month or more of 100s, it's a beautiful thing! Folks around here are smiling.

A roof over my head, great food in my fridge and pantry, sleeping kiddos and husband. Seemingly happy fish in the fish tank; watching them helps me calm down and relax, whether I have two minutes or twenty.

Above and beyond childcare staff at the Y. I need to do something seriously nice for those people who genuinely care for my kids while I get a workout.

Nice neighbors. I'm pretty spoiled!