Candy Corn

Options
I know we don't have to start logging in til October but Im having a hard time fighting my addiction to candy corn. Even worse is that now it comes in different flavors. Carmel Apple, Apple Pie, Green Apple, Caramel and Peanut Butter? Seriously?!? Before I go to the store I make a point to drink a glass of water (or two) and make sure Im not even slightly hungry so I don't give in. Any other tips you guys?

Replies

• serranurse
    serranurse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of candy corn too! pure sugar! my drug of choice. I was eye-balling the 5 pound Sam's Club bag the other day. Not this year. Only tip I have..... is....... Just say No!
  • becknomad
    becknomad Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Some say you should have what you crave or you will feel deprived, but if I buy a bag they will be gone... Maybe you can have 1/4 cup as a reward for logging in every day and buy them in the bulk section so you can measure our only a small portion. I will have a candy apple at a local Apple farm, only after I reach my 10000 steps
  • FatSwatter
    FatSwatter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @dlburniston - I stumbled across this group and thought it would be perfect as I can definitely relate to the candy craze! I love candy corn too! I really like @becknomad's suggestion to not deprive or you crave but do it only after reaching another goal like walking 10,000 steps (or whatever you set it at). That way, at least you'll be burning most if not all of the calories you would have eaten. It's kind of like how you can have your cake and eat it too. :smile:

My biggest weakness is chewy sprees. I recently discovered them and wow....I just can't control myself! To make matters worse, 8 pieces is 50 calories and I usually go through about 50 pieces (really, only 8???!!!) I'm going to try this suggestion and see if it'll work for me. I have heard to be careful about rewarding yourself with food, but for me personally, I feel if I deprive myself too much than my weight loss journey will not be long-lasting or sustainable because I'll just binge eat gaining every pound back. I've worked too hard to let that happen!

@serranurse - you have a lot more willpower than me! Way to go!
  • SenditToSarah
    SenditToSarah Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I mix it into healthier things...plain popcorn, healthy nuts (not too many!)...any healthy trail mix items do the trick for me. Fruit sometimes works too...in any case, I get my fix without having too much!

I go on a bender if I resist too long. No joke.
  • SenditToSarah
    SenditToSarah Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've also tried storing it in the freezer. You have to let it thaw in your mouth before chewing or it breaks your teeth. Mean, but it works! Dark chocolate is good this way too--the snap is nice, like a crunchy snack.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Well to kill the candy corn urge do not buy in the bulk section. i work in a grocery store and you would not believe how many people just use their hands to pull out candy/etc. Buy a sealed bag.