Belly fat

Options
This is the first year that I have ever had a problem with losing belly fat. Any suggestions on losing the mid section.

Replies

• summerdayzLK
    summerdayzLK Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    #following.

I'm the same, losing weight but that below my belly button belly isn't going anywhere!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    There are two things I have been told about belly fat 1) Abs are made in the kitchen 2) Lift weights. A friend of mine who is a trainer basically says that losing belly fat is tough and you really need to watch your intake. He has not given me much direction as to what you should be eating but I know it is about cutting out processed foods and hitting macros. He also says lifting weights, especially free weights, dumbells and kettlebells forces your to engage your entire core. As you build more muscle within your body you more efficiently burn calories and will lose fat (as long as your are eating appropriately).
  • wildthingsmom
    wildthingsmom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    2nd what mamarundrc says. You can't "choose" where you gain OR lose weight. For me, wherever I gain it first and I want gone the most, that is the LAST place I lose it. So diet is key to just lose weight, but strengthening your abs is always a good thing. (note.. LOTS of guys have really strong abs but still have a layer of fat over it... so don't be fooled that just getting muscles will fix it)
  • mitchf1200
    mitchf1200 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a personal trainer and Founder in Martial Arts, TCKFit kickboxing workout , Gentleness in Motion Yoga and Tai chi. Most of my clients want to lose the belly fat (including me). That belly fat is all from the kitchen.
  • SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions everyone. I've also found that doing the plank challenge, a different and more difficult version of the plank each day for 30 days...really helped. No, my little belly is still there but my posture is better and my core is stronger which makes me stand up straighter. It's illusion..LOL..but I'll take it.
  • 1961dublin
    1961dublin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Well I have lost 17kgs and the belly is only just reducing now that I am at my target weight. I lost on the hips, waist ,butt and legs first. Then the face later, and finally the belly and boobs are the last to go. So keep going girl!!!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine gave me a book called "The Wheat Belly" & it sheds a lot of light on all the flabby tummy problems people have even when they are working out & in good shape. I started avoiding wheat and noticed an immediate difference. Beware of the "gluten free" marketing - just because it doesn't have wheat doesn't mean it's healthy, they often just replace with some other carb which is just as bad. Just skip the bread, crackers, pretzels, etc altogether.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eliminate anything from your diet.

Keep removing body fat.

Add exercise and strength training as desired.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    You don't need to eliminate anything from your diet.

Keep removing body fat.

Add exercise and strength training as desired.

Yup.

Also, take a look a this link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1