Options
memere101
memere101 Posts: 461 Member
Good morning! I hope you ladies have a fabulous Friday

Replies

• memere101
    Options
    Don't you just love when you type up a nice post and MFP decides to only post your first sentence! Let me try again. I am Linda from Virginia. I am 53 years young and the mom to 5 grown children and 6 wonderful grandkids with number 7 scheduled to make an appearance next month. I have been working on getting healthier for about a year now and have made a lot of improvements. But this summer things kind of stalled a bit. My depression reared its ugly head and kind of kicked my butt. But, summer is over and I've been feeling a lot better the last few weeks. So let's get this going, I'm jumping back in to my exercise and healthy eating habits. I think with the support and motivation of each other we will be successful.
  • shilton01
    shilton01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree - together we can master this forever!
  • memere101
    Options
    Today is going to be a tough one. Not enough sleep, dealing with some emotionally hard issues, and 3 of the kiddos will be here all day. I'm going to do my best to eat healthy and do some exercise to help me deal. Praying I can find the energy and strength to get through the day. Hope everyone has a great day :smile:
  • Kalezme
    Kalezme Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here. I'm 62, retired church secretary, grandma to 6 and mother of 3. I've battled the same 30+lbs for years. Four years ago I lost it only to put it back on. This time I am focused not on a program but on healthy choices. I started out on the Nutrisystem program to get used to eating less. This week I will be prepping my own food and starting my new healthy eating plan of my own. I'm excited, encouraged and inspired by the women I have met here so far. If you would like to become friends just let me know!
    To memere101: Hang in there with the depression thing. Find one thing you are thankful for and focus on that. It helps. I also like to listen to worship music, and read my bible. Depression is a hard thing. I will say a prayer for you. Take care.
  • memere101
    Options
    Thank you. Your kind words and prayers mean a lot
  • Ulrike958
    Ulrike958 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    memere101 wrote: »
    Today is going to be a tough one. Not enough sleep, dealing with some emotionally hard issues, and 3 of the kiddos will be here all day. I'm going to do my best to eat healthy and do some exercise to help me deal. Praying I can find the energy and strength to get through the day. Hope everyone has a great day :smile:

Memere...just recognizing it is a strong step forward! It's when we don't even know what we are fighting that we are in danger of defeat. Worship music, focusing on the joyful...whether I have to refocus many times a day, helps me.

And realizing that this is only today...not the rest of my life!
    You are not waking alone...I have and do yet go there as do many others so we know and walk with you. Blessings
  • Ulrike958
    Ulrike958 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Kalezme wrote: »
    Hi! I'm new here. I'm 62, retired church secretary, grandma to 6 and mother of 3. I've battled the same 30+lbs for years. Four years ago I lost it only to put it back on. This time I am focused not on a program but on healthy choices. I started out on the Nutrisystem program to get used to eating less. This week I will be prepping my own food and starting my new healthy eating plan of my own. I'm excited, encouraged and inspired by the women I have met here so far.

I would like to become friends...I found doing and asking the Lord...when it's not a meal time...why I'm putting something in my mouth had been very helpful...it makes me so and deliberately think why...am I hungry...bored...angry...emotional...tired or even thirsty? That has helped me to track my spontaneous eating. Looking forward to witnessing your success...whether small steps or large...it's all worth celebrating! Good on you...

• memere101
    Options
    Ulrike958... Thank you for your words of encouragement.
  • TS054
    TS054 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I must be doing something right since I became a member on the 9th. On tuesday I weighed 363 pounds and the doctor told me that fluid was possibly building up around the heart. I did my wheelchair excercises today for the first time, and then I weighed myself like the doctor wants me to everyday and I weighed 347 pounds. I think a lot of it is water weight coming off. My husband is seeing the change and now he wants to join. I made frozen yogurt today, I made cherry, banana, blackberry, and blackberry and cherry and it's very good. I made some homemade apple chips and potato and carrot chips yesterday. I am really taking this very seriously and doing my very best to make my husband and daughter proud. I even have her involved in helping me also. I really do appreciate all of your encouragement
  • memere101
    Options
    @TS054 so happy things are going in the right direction. Having support at home is going to be a big help. Here's to many more days like today :smile:
  • TS054
    Options
    Good news! My hubby just joined tonight
  • memere101
    Options
    My this group has become quiet! How the heck is everyone doing? My life has become even more stressful than before. Lots of family drama going on right now. It's hard learning to parent our children as adults. And having to watch them go through hell and know you can't fix it for them. It was tough enough watching them fall off their bikes and skinning their knees, but those things were easy. My brain knows that I can't make everything better with a kiss and a hug anymore, but darn my heart is having a hard time accepting it.
    On a happy note grand baby #7 will be here in a few days. And that makes my heart smile.
    I hope everyone is having a great week and you all have something to smile about. ❤️
  • Stef1959
    Stef1959 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Memere and everyone! I'm still hanging around here and have been losing about a pound every week so I'm pretty excited. I am starting to see the difference in the way my clothes fit and have joined a walking group. I only get to go every week or two, so I know it's not much exercise, but it's better than nothing. We walk very fast for about 3 miles. I live about 30 minutes outside the city so I have to drive in to go to it.
    I'm sorry you're going through a bad time with your kid. I had some really bad times with mine several years ago when he was a young adult, and, looking back, it was the worst time of my life. A nightmare I couldn't wake up from. In the last several months, I've lost my dad, my mom is being tested for alzheimers, and my partner had to start dialysis when his kidney failed. Oh, and they cut my hours at work too....but none of that even comes close to the stress I had when my kid was having problems. It was heartbreaking to stand by and watch all my dreams for him go down the tubes. Even now, he's still causing me a little stress, nothing too bad -mainly because he's just irresponsible. I hope it gets better for you. We are going to see my partner's new grandbaby #6 this weekend too!
  • audreydgreen
    audreydgreen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Memere, just wondering about the new grandbaby, #7:) how is the baby and parents doing, is it a boy or girl? Give us an update please, would love to hear all about the new one.
  • TS054
    Options
    I am doing a little better. Just got out of the hospital and had to wear a heart monitor for 30 days. Everything is alright. My Royals just won the World Series but my Packers lost to the Broncos.
  • katnip40
    katnip40 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are in my prayers!!!! and keep up the good work....just think of us as your family support system :)
  • Connikins
    Connikins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Connie. I was reading a few of your posts and seemed right up my alley. I'm currently a Preschool teacher of 3 year olds. So they keep me moving but not enough to keep the cal. burning. I'm also married for the first time 3 years ago. God led up to each other at just the right time, As HE always does. I began this process just a month ago, more seriously. My energy seemed to be over taking me and I wasn't as happy as I use to be. Now I'm looking to get into a group for that little extra motivation and accountability needed to proceed. I have stopped all refined sugars and simple carbs. More protein and fiber, etc. My body responded to this quickly and then when I 'cheat' responds negatively, very quickly too. This month I added on 30 min of aerobics too. I do that in my classroom during my lunch break before the children come in for their naps.
  • katnip40
    katnip40 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome Connie, glad to have you in our group!!!! I truly understand your battle because it is mine as well. That's why this group was formed because i needed someone that i could talk to that would be familiar with my struggles. I hope you find this group helpful and if not at least someone to be your sounding board. We are all here with the same goal in mind. I'm taking baby steps and I'm seeing the weight slowly come off (more toning then anything). Weekends are still killing my progress but I'm determined to tackle them real soon. Again, welcome and I look forward to your feedback :)
  • memere101
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Sorry I have been MIA lately. Sometimes life just moves so fast it's hard to keep up. So here's a bit of an update:
    My son is finally starting to do better. He is bipolar and his wife left him and took their son. His life was in such turmoil, but he managed to do the right things and it seems to be improving. He admitted himself to our local mental health facility where he stayed as an inpatient for a week and then has been participating in their intensive outpatient program. He lives with us and we actually have the little one here more than his mom has him. He is supposed to be going back to work next week.
    The grand baby finally decided to make an appearance. And we have a boy! He was 13 days late. Forest Emerson arrived November 4, 8lbs. 21".
    My weight has really not changed much...which is a lot better than going up! I need to get back focused on my exercising. Stress and no sleep has made my energy levels very low. I did get my flu shot on Tuesday...of course I ended up with a side effect....a terrible headache for 2 days. Hopefully adding a little more exercise everyday will help with both decreasing my stress and improving my sleep.
    Hope everyone else is doing well.

kc27bnepeetx.jpeg
  • audreydgreen
    audreydgreen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new grand baby, glad things are looking better for you and your family