New Members Start Here

Hello! I would like to meet you. Could you introduce yourself and tell me how you are doing with your fitness efforts? Would you like to take on the Hormone Reset? Do you have any questions?

Replies

• dananddeeplus3
    dananddeeplus3 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I am Dee, 46 years old and needing to get started on my fitness journey. I have just gotten lazy about food and exercise and of course my hormones are a wreck! Thanks for the group!!!
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Hi! I am Dee, 46 years old and needing to get started on my fitness journey. I have just gotten lazy about food and exercise and of course my hormones are a wreck! Thanks for the group!!!
    Hello, thanks for joining! It's nice to have friends doing the same things supporting one-another.
    You are not lazy!!! The work becomes rewarding, the confusion goes away when there is success from your efforts!!
    Just jump in and get your hormone reset on tomorrow morning for breakfast! Let's goooooooooo.

• connerdarlene0
    connerdarlene0 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello! I would like to meet you. Could you introduce yourself and tell me how you are doing with your fitness efforts? Would you like to take on the Hormone Reset? Do you have any questions?

• connerdarlene0
    connerdarlene0 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I am Darlene, 57 years of age. I an struggling on this journey. I need to reset my hormones. Thanks for this group.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Hi, I am Darlene, 57 years of age. I an struggling on this journey. I need to reset my hormones. Thanks for this group.
    Hello, welcome! Let's get started!

• mikalamarie
    mikalamarie Posts: 16 Member
    Good morning! I need help and motivation! I can be " good" for days .....then fall off the wagon. It's usually sweets that pull me away from feeling good about myself. I have a busy hetic job....traveling and on the go. Eat out a lot or on the plane when working. My exercise is usually walking through all the airports
  • Lovee_Dove7
    edited December 2015
    Good morning! I hear you, sugar is easy, fast, available. I'm sure if the better choices were as easy you would pick those!!
    My best defense against doing that is to fill-up on a good non-starchy veggie meal with protein. For example, a chopped salad with chicken, fish or beef.
    On the go, you may need to include the use of a protein drink and fiber.
    Once you know the correct daily macros, you can aim to eat to fulfill those.
  • charleytheonly
    charleytheonly Posts: 4 Member
    so i feel guilty to say. but i dont have time to read the entire book!
    im new! 24! 5'6". 161.2 Ibs
    could someone break it down for me??????
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Hello Charley, welcome! What is your goal(s). what results are you seeking?
  • charleytheonly
    I really need my insulin reset!! Every ounce of sugar I swear is ending up aa fat.

Would you mind sharing a grocery list? ?
    Reading the book has got me confused

Thamks for the breakdown on announcements!!
  • Lovee_Dove7
    edited January 2017
    Yes we all need our insulin reset (only a small exaggeration)! =-) You're in good company. Which book do you have?
    I had major brain fog when I started, so it was hard for me to follow a "program" right at first. So I literally did all the resets at once. In other words, I pulled out all the foods at once, sugar, grains, dairy, fruit, plus caffeine. I also walked in the morning for an hour. After a week (and some headaches), I felt clear-headed and free of cravings, etc. It was amazing to me.
    So then I was able to read the book and not feel confused.

The grocery list is a good idea; get the foods in your house so the right choices are available to put in your body.

You can get:
    Veggies** (non-starchy)
    Healthy Fats**: olive oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil, avocado, nuts and nut butters, ghee (clarified butter)
    Protein**: grass-fed meats (they're expensive, you don't have to purchase great quantities, just some.) eggs, wild-caught fish (bags of individually frozen in the meat department are a good buy),
    Fiber Foods**: beans (pinto, black, cannellini), chia seeds, flax seeds
    Dark Chocolate (85% or higher)

Each of her reset chapters will tell you what foods you can put on your list, too =-)

Don't worry at all about how many calories you consume, just get the proper foods into your body, and after a week or so you can start to fine-tune your calorie intake. Your appetite and drive to eat will be much more balanced at that time, so the tug-of-war with calorie consumption will be wayyyyyy easier.

Read the section on sugar/carb intake, this is important to reset your APPETITE. Pg 81 has a chart.
    Weigh your food in grams on a food scale ($20)
    Track your food intake in your MFP food diary.
    Keep your NET carbs between 20-49g.
    Track sugar and keep it 15g or less.
    Track fiber and sloooowwwly build up to 35-45g fiber intake. (add 3-5g fiber each day)
    Drink some water!

Your body will adjust to the new carb and sugar intake in only a few days so be patient. It's not comfortable, but it doesn't take long! Then you will be rewarded with freedom, and a nice fat burn.

Now take your time through the chapters. Start at the beginning, with the prep section, then move through the 3-day sections.

Enjoy your reset and your results!!!
  • charleytheonly
    Thank you so much!
  • sandyh1987
    sandyh1987 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm 58, only about 10 lbs over. I was doing Keto. But lots of relocation and new job messed that up. I got the HRD book and it made so much sense (I'm a bio/anatomy and phys teacher). So I have been gearing up for starting. I waited till the year got well underway, and vacations and visits were behind me. I am finding I can do this only if i buy prep-portioned meals. When I cook, mine tastes so good, I always have too much. So even though pre-prepared frozen is more expensive, I waste less groceries, and I eat less.
    Also, I had to slowly get rid of caffeine. I went down to one cup a day. Then I started day with Irish tea (2 cups) then went to Irish tea one cut. Then Lady grey, then green tea. Now herbal. So my resent is going to be more than 21 days. But, its been easier to do giving up stuff gradually. My goal is better sleep, more energy, and lose about 10 lbs.