Need opinions

Options
deeS3211
deeS3211 Posts: 11 Member
Hi. Im new to this board but am on FB and other groups. I am a band to sleeve revision. I had gained 35 pounds from goal weight before revision so I dont have alot to lose. I started at 168, for first 40 days stayed at 158. Now at 155 at 2 months. Thats only 13 pounds. I know I dont have a tremendous amount to lose but this is ridiculous. I stay around 1000 calories, 30-50 carbs, 80-100 protein. No grains or processed food and exercise 4-5 times a week doing zumba, jump rope, racketball, kickbox and some weights. I dont understand what Im doing wrong to only lose 1/2 pound a week since my huge stall for 40 days. I track everything here, measure, weigh. Im getting very frustrated because I put myself through major surgery it seems for nothing. Thanks

Replies

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    When you get closer to your goal weight, your weight loss speed drops. Losing is still losing. It's not as fast as you want, but what you're doing is working. Keep doing it!
  • christophertoddchandler
    Options
    Dee, I find it difficult to lose at fifty carbs especially with that much protein. It sounds like you are are working very hard and are getting in shape. I suggest as your weight lifting routine you work every muscle group in your body,(one body part per week) before cardio. Many people believe wow, I don't want to get bulky, that is just a misnomer. To build true bulk is very difficult; especially on your caloric intake. The more muscle we have the higher metabolism we generate.
    As a word of encouragement, 1/2 pound a week is true healthy progress! If you stay the course you will reach your goal, let yourself take solace that you are doing something about your health and in the long run, will pay off. I think sometimes as we worry or stress we release stress hormones such as cortisol which inhibits weight
    loss.
    Sleep is important in losing weight. Considering how hard you work out, it might be beneficial to see a sports nutritionist, I know I will soon.
    One day at a time, you can do this, can!
    Best wishes.
  • deeS3211
    Options
    I count 50-80 carbs, not net carbs. I rarely make it up to 50 but if I counted net carbs it would be much less. I know I have to do more lifting to burn metabolism. I wonder with the lab and it is possible to damage my metabolism to the extent of being irreversible. Also I'm almost 53 so I know menopause has something to do with it also. I go back to my doc in 2 weeks.
  • deeS3211
    Options
    I meant to say lap band . Spell check stinks sometimes
  • christophertoddchandler
    Options
    Yes menopause has a lot to do with it from what I have read.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    deeS3211 - I can understand your frustration with slow weight loss but 1/2 pound per week is a loss, maybe not what you're hoping for but it's still a loss. I was given a calorie range of between 600 - 800 calories. I'm nearly always at the 800 calorie mark because I feel 600 is just too low for my body. What I do know is if I have a week of 1000 calories per day my weight loss stops or slows to just a few ounces. Print out your food logs from here and reach out to your nutritionist and have him/her review your intake. If you have a fitness app also provide that information so the nutritionist can get a full view of your intake and calorie burn. Good luck.
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your measurements?? You sound like you're building muscle and getting super toned!! :)
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I must say, a 1/2 pound loss per week sounds like a good loss. Yes as you get closer to goal, the weight loss slows and menopause might have something to do with it. But as my surgeon said at the start, as long as something is going down (numbers on the scale, clothes sizes, etc.) you are still headed in the right direction. By the way, I started this post menopause and my initial weight loss was about like everyone else who was sleeved, then about 9 months out it slowed way down. My doctor said it just works that way for some folks. Some just lose faster than others. He said my age might have something to do with it, and being less active due to age and lots of arthritis was more likely the reason. Point being, menopause might not be why you are losing slower than you might like.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I do things a bit different than most. With all the working out, I would eat more. I am not a fast loser but I am consistent. I do not restrict my carbs that low either. I eat 1400-1500 cals / day. 125g protein, 110g carb and 56g fat. I often find that when I stall, it is because I am not eating enough.
  • deeS3211
    Options
    Wow. Everyone is so different . One person eats 800 calories,which I would starve on and I I eats 1400-1500. How different our bodies are. I'm with me eating 1000 calories and exercising 4-5 days a week I'm thinking I need more calories . That's a scary thought because I see my doc in 1 1/2 °weeks and I only down 2 pounds. I know my body definitely looks thinner but everyone knows what a head trip it is if the scale doesn't move.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I see a personal trainer. She measures me every 6 weeks or so. I log it in a notebook (along with a few other things) and take that to my Doctor. Although my actual loss is not great, it is evident in my measurements.