New to LCHF, 54 year old lady (girl in my head!) with a lot to lose and in the UK.

Options
I'm very new to LCHF - have been doing it for a week and must say that so far, I feel much 'brighter'. I'm looking for friends for support and who I can also support in return. I have a lot to lose (140 ish pounds) and having just been diagnosed with a chronic condition it's important that I shift this weight once and for all. Please add me as a friend if you wish. The more the merrier :) x

Replies

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Hi Lozzie and welcome to the best and easiest way of eating in the world! Totally my opinion, but I've been lchf for 8 months and am down 118#. I still have about 100# to go, but for the first time in my 53 years I know it will happen. You've made a great choice to get healthy and I'd be happy to support you in your journey. FR sent!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    You can do this. And, I still feel like a boy in my own head. I just pretend to be an adult for the benefit of those around me.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I only act like an adult when the kids need it. ;)

Welcome to the group.
  • LozzieWebb
    LozzieWebb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Lozzie and welcome to the best and easiest way of eating in the world! Totally my opinion, but I've been lchf for 8 months and am down 118#. I still have about 100# to go, but for the first time in my 53 years I know it will happen. You've made a great choice to get healthy and I'd be happy to support you in your journey. FR sent!
    Hi Mimi - thank you for the welcome and the support :) I'm thrilled for you that you're doing so well on LCHF and your figures are similar to mine (not the loss- obviously - but hopefully I won't be far behind). I'm only 5' 1" tall but weighed in at 314 lbs a few weeks ago. It took me a while to decide what to do (other than do nothing and end up in a wheelchair), but made the decision to try LCHF. Here goes.
  • LozzieWebb
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    You can do this. And, I still feel like a boy in my own head. I just pretend to be an adult for the benefit of those around me.

Do you know what FG? I really feel that I can do this! I'm not much for pretending to be an adult - but have to go with it (for now!)
  • LozzieWebb
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I only act like an adult when the kids need it. ;)

Welcome to the group.

:) Thank you for the welcome. I'm liking the fact that it's not just me that only wants to be an adult sometimes! x
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend as I'm in the UK doing LCHF as well. There are a few of us but it sometimes helps to see what UK folk eat instead of all the unusual (to me anyway!) things the US folk eat. Good luck and you can definitely do this. Best "diet" I've ever been on: most sustainable, least hungry, most tasty.
  • LozzieWebb
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend as I'm in the UK doing LCHF as well. There are a few of us but it sometimes helps to see what UK folk eat instead of all the unusual (to me anyway!) things the US folk eat. Good luck and you can definitely do this. Best "diet" I've ever been on: most sustainable, least hungry, most tasty.

Thanks Totaloblivia. I've sent you a friends request :) It will be useful to have UK friends with regard to what foods we can obtain here. I've got a lot to earn and I'm sure I'll make mistakes - but all seems well so far!
  • knackeredat34
    knackeredat34 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the UK too and been LCHF for three weeks now and it's brilliant, please add me as a friend.
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lozzie. I hate being the grownup, too. Had to take a mouse out of my basement while adult son watched from a distance cause he doesn't like them. Neither do I, but one of us had to be the adult, lol.
  • LozzieWebb
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the UK too and been LCHF for three weeks now and it's brilliant, please add me as a friend.

Thank you - I've sent a friend request :) I'm on day 5 properly, although I had started the transition about 4 days before that! I'll weigh in on Wednesday, so excited to see how I've done :)
  • LozzieWebb
    Options
    Sk8Kate wrote: »
    Welcome Lozzie. I hate being the grownup, too. Had to take a mouse out of my basement while adult son watched from a distance cause he doesn't like them. Neither do I, but one of us had to be the adult, lol.

ha ha Kate - I think I'd have been in line behind your son! Thank you for the welcome :)
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    I think I feel younger and younger as I lose weight because I feel so good. But Even before the weight started coming off, in my mind I'm still in my 20's, with the common sense of my early 50's thrown in . But sometimes my kids who are in their early 20's feel like they are older than me, lol. At times though, I am still a girl..... And I enjoy that feeling, hope I never lose it .
  • LozzieWebb
    Options
    @Kitnthecat - I've only been doing this way of eating for 5 days - but already feel 'brighter' - so I'm hopeful this is the way of eating for me! We should always be girls - there's plenty of time to grow up :)
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Agreed, @LozzieWebb ! I'm in the veggie garden right now, having flashbacks to age 5 or so,in this same garden!
  • randiewilliams72
    randiewilliams72 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I will send you a friend request. Been doing this about 100 days or something now. I think I've lost about 20 pounds. My diary is open so you can see what I eat. I am in the U.S. though.
  • LozzieWebb
    Options
    @randiewilliams72 - Thank you for the good luck sent my way :) I've accepted your friend request. Well done on the 20lb loss! I'm hoping to be following in your footsteps! :):) x
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Best of luck to you! I think you're on the right track! :)
  • DissLocated
    DissLocated Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, Another UK LCHFer here. I've lost 3.5 stone since the beginning of this year. I had a break from tracking on here over the summer with the aim of maintaining for a few weeks (which I did) and now back in the saddle, hoping to lose another stone by Xmas and then I'll be happy.

This is by far and away the best, best, best 'diet' I've ever been on. I think it was in this group someone said "I feel like I won the diet lottery", I couldn't agree more! Over the summer although i've not been tracking I've still eaten low carb and still exercised but I've been able to eat out (a lot!) and enjoy beers with friends (a lot!). I've honestly not felt like I've been on a diet, hardly anyone can tell when we're out either and yet still, this is the first year in goodness knows how long that I've come back off holiday without putting weight on. It feels like a miracle!

Please do add me as a friend - even though I'm not actually very good at checking my home page on here!
  • SueM86
    SueM86 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK too - feel free to friend me if you like. I track periodically and am back on the wagon after a very indulgent summer! I've just bought a copy of a book called The Real Meal Revolution which is based on LCHF and has some very delicious recipes in there if you're looking for meal inspiration. :smiley: