Weekly Post - Sept 6th to 12th

Options
snaps27
snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
I have been missing our weekly posts, so I decided to bring them back. It is nice to have a record to look back on. And speaking of looking back...today marks my one year anniversary of starting 5:2!! I have not made any major transformations, but I have lost close to ten pounds. Besides my loss I have gained so many more positives while committing to this WOE. First of all have this great support system has greatly benefit with keeping under control. 5:2 also has such a great cleansing effect (both body and mind) and has also given me a great sense of control back to my life. I will continue on this journey with a great positive outlook for the future of heath. Thanks to all our members for being such great positive presence.

Replies

• zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I started in January and lost ten pounds which is not impressive for many , but it has taught me I won't die from hunger pangs and I feel more in control of my eating habits.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    It has been a fast failure kind of day. Not sure why, but I have been STARVING all day! Oh, well, there's always next time. :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Hey Snaps...

Not been doing to well mentally atm. Fast failures are always mental / emotional with me. My weight has crept up a few kilos eventhough I've tried to get in 3 fasts a week, which often turned into 2 low days and one real fast. I know the weight crept up for one reason only...too much food on my non fast days, especially on the weekends. Atm I'm focusing on my mind set and fears, thus not commenting much here and not counting on non fast days. I really don't want to restart counting on non fast days. Would like to be more in sync with my hunger feelings and stop overeating on the non fast days. I'm working on my issues....

Still getting over my cold from last week, but it is getting better. Will go for a run soon and planning a rebounding session for tomorrow.

I did have a very good fast day yesterday! After two fails on Mo / Tu. They were deficit days, but not fasts. Yay!! And my weight is at 59.4kg today thus under 60kg...Which is better than it has been at the end of the last few weeks, but I'd prefer to be between 57-58kg and I will get back there!! But not this weekend ;-) Brunch tomorrow and a total makeover on Monday, so my next fast will be on Tuesday.

Anyway keep chugging! To all newbies....I'm an oldie (2.5yr on 5:2, 1.5 in maintainance). As you see even as an oldie, you still can have issues and struggle once in a while. But 5:2 is my tool to keep my weight in check even if my fasts haven't been perfect as of late.
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I should have done this a long time ago: Snaps has been a group leader here for awhile...now she has the official title.

I've been poking my head in from time to time and am happy to see so many new faces...and the veterans too. Still struggling to get back into the groove and I know it's all about making myself liable...basically meaning that I need to log so I don't let non-fast days get the best of me (I feel you Flumi). Accountability requires accounting. I was able to put in a 40 hour and 30 hour fast last week...hope to keep it going.

Good luck everyone,
    Rus
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Yay. Snaps got promoted!! B)
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I started 5:2 a month ago and have lost two pounds--not as much as I'd like. I have a similar pattern to you, flumi, trying for 3 fasts and ending up with 2 low days and one real fast. And eating too much on nonfast days :(. In the 5:2 book it says you might notice a real appetite reduction after 6 months, so I'm hopeful for that! In the meantime I am keeping at it.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    orlcam wrote: »
    I should have done this a long time ago: Snaps has been a group leader here for awhile...now she has the official title.
    Rus

Oh!!! Orlcam!! I just saw your post!! Now I'm gonna cry :D Thanks so much ("I would like to thank....") HEE HEE!

I will do my very best...everyone here is so very special! I have not had the greatest loss results, but I am going to try to do everyone proud.