Week 2 Check-In: Week of September 14, 2015

Options
CatAlii
CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
Week 2 Check-In: Week of September 14, 2015
Welcome to 4 months, 20 lbs, a group of people supporting and encouraging each other in our journey to better health 5 lbs at a time until the new year. The idea behind this group is, by setting smaller more attainable goals, we will be more likely to succeed at our long term goals. We started this 4 month cycle last week on September 1, 2015 but feel free to jump in any time!

I will post a check-in thread every Monday (or the night before) but if you prefer to check-in on another day please do that. You can also check-in with whatever data you have from your most recent weigh-in or you can wait until your weigh-in day.

By checking in each week, we can assess which goals and resolutions are working, which aren’t, and improve them for the next week. Thank you so much for being a part of this group. Here's to reaching our 2015 goals! Have a wonderful week. :smiley:

To get started, please copy and paste the four items below in your post:
Weight loss goal for September:
Net weight loss from September 1st:
Favorite motivators:
Resolutions for this week:

Replies

• CatAlii
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 5 lbs
    Net weight loss from September 1st: -2 lbs
    Successes from the previous week: I tracked every day, stayed under my calorie goal most days, planned meals ahead of time
    Resolutions for this week: Need to move more!

Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous week, I can't wait to hear from everyone. If you lost great, if you had no change great, if you gained don't be discouraged, just re-assess your plan, examine what you did right or could do better and march on! The key to sticking with this long term is to stick with it long term - lol!

I did not have a great week personally so my resolutions for last week to move at least 5000 steps per day did not happen. I'm going to work on that this week. Last week I was in a freak car accident that really threw me for a loop. Everyone was fine but it's been a nightmare dealing with the car, figuring out how to pay for a rental, etc. I was driving along a narrow curvy road and a gas meter slid off the back of the gas company truck in front of me and went under my car. I had no opportunity to stop or go around and it trashed the underside of my car. Everyone was super nice and helpful and the gas company accepted full liability so it definitely could have been worse but it hasn't been fun. So my week was consumed with dealing with that, work, and kids' activities and I had zip time to fit in extra exercise. I am definitely going to do better this week!

I wish you all a great week.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 5lbs
    Net weight loss from sept. 1st :-.5
    Success from the previous week: I kept up on eating the vegetables and I exercised everyday.
    Resolution for this week : I need to rest when my body says it needs it cause i have a whopper of cold. For one week do not take any extra shifts at work and let my body rest. Look for someone to go for a walk with in the evening or look into the aerobics class.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 8 pounds
    Net weight loss from September 3rd: weight 185.8 today 179.6 -6.2 pounds loss
    Favorite motivators: Coming back from a few weeks of falling of the diet wagon and lost my way for a while. MY only motivator is to get at my first goal of a 100 pounds loss. Starting at 270.4 pounds June 2014, down 90.8 pounds. I used the 3rd of Sept as my starting date because i didn't weigh in on 1st.
    Successes from the previous week: Staying on track as much as possible and Getting through a long family wedding weekend with a loss for the week

Resolutions for this week: Water Water Water
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    @CatAlii glad your okay, hope your car issues go away quickly.
  • cherrie1969
    cherrie1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound down to 237.2 it is going slow but at least it is steady
  • apuls413
    apuls413 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is my starting week since I just joined! I am starting at 152.5, and my goal is to get to 150 by the end of September. Roughly 1lb per week which seems manageable. As the months go on that goal will increase! That will be super difficult because we have the Big E the next two weeks :neutral:
  • CatAlii
    Options
    Congrats everyone and thanks for checking in! I hope you're all having a good week so far. Man am I craving sushi - hahaha!

@2020pinktogo - I hope you are feeling much better! Way to go on the loss!

@matthewsfive - Thank you! I hope my car is fixed quickly too. Insurance seems to be dragging but hopefully it will be straightened out soon. And congrats on a crazy loss so far this month! Wow!

@cherrie1969 - Slow and steady is the best way to lose weight! Congrats on the loss!

@apuls413 - Welcome! So glad you joined us! 1 lb per week is a great goal!
  • 2006T
    2006T Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I finished a big project last weekend (painting kitchen cupboards) but in my efforts to get it done my logging my food etc. went out the window. I am happy however with the 1 pound loss and am trying to be more focused on the scale moving in the right direction than the numbers on it and the pounds lost.

Weight loss goal for September: 8lbs
    Net weight loss from September 1st: - 1 lb.
    Favorite motivators: One foot in front of the other....
    Resolutions for this week: Stay within my calorie goal and log even over the weekend.

Have a great rest of the week!
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting but here goes:

Weight loss goal for September:8lbs
    Net weight loss from September 1st:-7.4lbs
    Favorite motivators: hate to say it but the scale is my #1 and the fact that my doc has decreased some meds
    Resolutions for this week: getting back on track after a 5 day beach vacation.
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    W
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 4 pounds
    Net weight loss from September 1st: eeek... i gained. (But, I started in this group today, so I'm hopeful for positive results soon!)
    Favorite motivators: Having company for workouts. (I love alone time, but not while I'm working out!)
    Resolutions for this week: 15 mins/day minimum of deliberate exercise
  • spicklkm
    spicklkm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was down a 1/2 pound when I weighted on Thursday. I ate out several times last week so I was glad for any loss! My total loss for September is 3 pounds. I was able to do some form of exercise 5 days last week and am aiming for the same this week. Hope to track my food each day - had internet troubles last week and wasn't able to do that. Hoping for at least a 1 pound loss when I weigh again on Thursday. Hope you all have a great week!
  • cherrie1969
    cherrie1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    went down to 235.8 total loss from last week 1.4 pounds we will see what next week brings.