Need encouragement

Options
i am starting again! 46 and so tired of always failing Back to needing to lose 20 lbs again

Replies

• amueller530
    amueller530 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do I get out of the I am hungry and want that ice cream because I deserve it rut? I eat it and then hate myself after. But I am a grown person. I should have self control by now and still not struggle with my weight!! Uggggg!!
  • pmaia
    pmaia Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I struggle, but I find when I prelog for the day it helps me stay focused and in control.
  • jaycoup15
    jaycoup15 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been there and back again too... it is frustrating. I just say to myself I have to try again, and again, and again. Takes some of us a little longer, but we can get there.
  • fitnesswithbonzo
    fitnesswithbonzo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What has worked for me when I get those irresistible cravings is that I tell myself, ok, you can have some of that, but not the whole serving. U want the potatoe chips, fine just have 5 chips; you want the chocolate bar, just have two small bites...and log it in. Complete deprivation never works for me.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Try to find an alternative to the things you like and give them a try. What I do now is eat clean in the week then have a relaxed eating day at the weekend, where I eat what I want. I have found that I can do without chocolate and biscuit/cookies and other sweets. This did take time but I find that I enjoy my food, whatever it is. If you haveca bad day try again tomorrow. Most successful people have failed many times and have tried again until they have succeded. You can too so go easier on yourself. All the best.
  • countrcowgirl
    countrcowgirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am trying to drink water any time I crave anything unhealthy and then give it a half an hour and see if the craving is still there
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! My cravings always come at night. And of course I don't crave celery! Oh no...it's cookies and cereal and crap! I don't have those things in my house, but it's all there at my parents when I go over to care for my dad.

I eat it and then literally HATE myself. Argh!!! I really need help with the cravings.
  • Lindy0070
    Lindy0070 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My cravings are at night too. I do what someone else has stated here and pre-log the days calories. Then I can see what's left and I either go over (only slightly) as I don't have the whole thing, I.e. Just one biscuit or a taste of something sweet. It does stop me from binging over my day. It's psychological, you have to look at how well you've done all day and zone out at night to try and fight off those cravings. Also, a hot drink can help, cup of tea or low calorie hot chocolate.
  • LoveIshie
    LoveIshie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Sometimes going to bed early helps so you don't have to torture yourself :smile: