"Why We get Fat: And What To Do About I"t By Gary Taubes - Book Review

Options

Replies

• Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I listened to it on audiobook about 3 years ago when I was starting a walking program and starting MFP. I was skeptical about all this stuff, Atkins, Paleo, etc. But Taubes left me with second thoughts. I read the book again a few months ago and had more belief that he might be right.

I lost over 50 using MFP [just counting calories] and walking, but three years later I had put back 10 pounds that took a month of fighting eat urges to get off, then I got stuck again.

I'm now been on Keto for 3 weeks, and it's showing possibilites. Still skeptical about a lot of related theories about low carb, I don't believe Paleo, I don't believe Weight Belly, and I don't think Keto is for everyone. It's hard to give up eating beans and believing they are a problem, but I had been cutting my bread intake drastically for the last new months and found I had less stomach irritation and I'm pretty sure its not gluten.
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Beans have a lot of fiber, so not as much carbs as they seem. I've been adding a few to some of my meat dishes, and been doing fine with them. I haven't had any bread for 3 weeks though.