Bookmarking so I can come back again.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • kayleyschanz
    kayleyschanz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Drinking lots of water helps shed pounds too....to add more motivation, since I started drinking only water and hot tea, I feel so oops much better, and my skin has never looked more amazing! DRINK UP!
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Bumping
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Drinking lots of water helps shed pounds too....to add more motivation, since I started drinking only water and hot tea, I feel so oops much better, and my skin has never looked more amazing! DRINK UP!

Drinking lots of water does not lead to any meaningful weight loss unless it helps adherence to your calories.

Not saying that you should not stay hydrated - but that is not weight loss related.
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
  • odirish
    odirish Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!! That is exactly what I do. MFP set my calories at 1200 which I found out are way to low. I am adding calories every few days and now the scale is finally starting to move. I should be at 1900 but that number scares me. I am at 1500 for now which still gives me a deficit. If I stall out again I will raise my calories. I lift weights doing a total body workout keeping my HR at 135 to 145 which is tough to do since I have a naturally low heart rate to begin with. I had been with a PT but that is getting expensive. I will say though that he has taught me alot! So without him I am back to lifting weights and doing my cardio. Hope you don't mind if I jump in once in awhile.
  • sabira486
    sabira486 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat less then 1200 calories a day but not losing ...can u help me in wat i can eat
  • odirish
    odirish Posts: 82 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    There is a site called IIFYM.com you plug in all your stats. It tells you how many calories you should be eating along with how many grams of protein/carbs/fats. Come back to MFP and under goals, change your numbers. You can eat what you want as long as you stay within those numbers. It's called flexible dieting. My calories call for 1937 , but I am at 1500 right now because 1900 scares me.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    sabira486 wrote: »
    I eat less then 1200 calories a day but not losing ...can u help me in wat i can eat

Did you read the links in the opening post?

What are your figures then?

Noting like stressing your body and gaining water weight potentially.

And yes - this effort will take work (what's good in life that doesn't!) - but do you want to work hard at eating so little with little results based on who knows what info - or work hard at figuring it out right at the start with good info and then eating is easier?
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Lyadeia wrote: »
    I keep hearing about this Chunky Monkey and must give it a try. I normally have chocolate peanut butter, peanut butter cookie dough, or chocolate chip cookie dough. If only I could find a Choc-PB Cookie Dough...yummy...
    Never heard of chunky monkey but I'm all over ben&jerry's peanut butter cups.
    I just tend to avoid it since I can EASILY eat a whole tub
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Nice post. Great reminder, and must read for newbies.