Pizza

Options
GillianLF
GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
I had not had a pizza in over a year and last Thursday I treated myself to a small Dominos. I love pizza and had been looking forward to this for a long time. However I paid for it as my body responded really badly to the pizza.

I'm just wondering if anyone has a "clean" pizza recipe or suggestions?

Replies

• nashelsky
    nashelsky Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower crust! http://www.theluckypennyblog.com/2013/02/the-best-cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

I didn't use the almond meal, and it worked out perfectly. I also flipped it after the initial cook time, and cooked for a few more minutes to make it crispier (be careful flipping. I used 2 pieces of parchment paper and a cookie tray). Baking it on a pizza stone made it come out perfectly!
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try cauliflower pizza! I make a homemade pizza dough with whole wheat flour. It is "clean" depending on your take on grains. You could use organic whole wheat, price wise I am not there yet. Here is my pizza from last night. umwa05w4ou6o.jpg
  • deeS3211
    deeS3211 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Google fathead pizza. I'm trying it tonight
  • reeniesing
    reeniesing Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I tried the skim milk mozzarella cheese crust pizza with turkey pepperoni. Not doesn't burn and the bottom is hard just like a pizza crust. I found it on Pinterest.
  • Astrokiss76
    Astrokiss76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower crust is the way to go-tried it for the first time Sunday night and anti-vegie hubby gobbled it right up! Plenty of versions on Pinterest, just do a search. The one I did just had cauliflower, herbs and an egg (with cheese as an optional extra, but I lefti t our and turned out well)
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I bought a cauliflower...going to try this pizza! :smile:
  • SeriousPC
    SeriousPC Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Let me know how you got on with your pizza. Mine turned out awesome with this recipe -
    http://youtu.be/rtuRV2lVB_g
  • suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    We eat whole grains, so I make pizza dough with WW flour, water, and sourdough starter. Sometimes I add a little oil. Then top with either pesto (kids love it- I freeze it in the summer when our basil is going nuts) or tomato sauce, veggies, and cheese. It is great for the end of the week before another grocery shop- I clean out all the little bits and pieces of veggies, including some cooked ones, put them on the pizza, and magically they all get eaten!
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza is great. If you want something quicker, wholewheat pita bread.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    I make a quick 'pizza' using a wholemeal pitta (plumped using a little hot water and warmed under the grill), add tomato puree and maybe a teaspoonful of something like a chilli tomato relish, loads of black pepper, some sun-dried tomatoes (rehydrated in a little hot water first unless you use the ones in oil) cut into chunks, then a few bite-sized cubes of boiled or steamed butternut squash, topped with 25g of grated cheese - I use a soya substitute as don't eat dairy and in MFP recipe calculator it's 270 cals.