Drink your Water!

Options

Replies

• sarahrosebinder
    sarahrosebinder Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Do you have any tips on how to get in 8 cups a day?
  • Karyn1415
    Karyn1415 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @sarahrosebinder I know it can be rough! I am up to drinking 16 cups a day. It helps if you buy yourself a nice bottle, at least it helped me. I also follow the 10 gulp rule. Every time I pick up my water I have to take 10 gulps before I set it back down. This rule really helps me get my water in.
  • sarahrosebinder
    Options
    I tried it and it really did work to make myself take 10 gulps! Thanks!
  • Karyn1415
    Karyn1415 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Glad I could help! :)
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I always have a bottle of water with me at work. In an 8 hr shift I usually drink 50-60 ozs. Some of my co-workers might tease me for always having the bottle within reach but I tease them back for their consumption of Amp or soda. I try to drink 'at least' about 1/2 of a 20 oz bottle of water every 2 hrs.
  • Gigagnat
    Gigagnat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Water is the one thing I've never had trouble with, but I tend to slide back to diet cola every now and then. Need to kick that habit.
  • kathrynlethig
    kathrynlethig Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    With my diet, I gave up soda and coffee. It's hard at first, but I've been consuming about 3L of water a day and I feel fantastic. I drink two glasses before breakfast, and it not only wakes me up and gets me energized but I'm full much quicker!
  • sarahrosebinder
    Options
    Is crystal light ok to put in your water?
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Is crystal light ok to put in your water?

If it gets you to drink more water, then I think its absolutely ok! Maybe make an effort to drink half of your water plain (or with fruit like lemon) and the other half can be with the crystal light packets? Ease your way into liking plain water.

Crystal light is such a better option than soda or juices, and if it can kick those cravings, it's an awesome choice :) That's my two cents (and I haven't seen research that says otherwise)
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Found this on a web site about benefits for drinking cold water.

"What if we said that ice can rev up metabolism and increase weight loss? When the body is exposed to cold temperatures— like ingesting a glass of icy water— it burns extra calories to keep itself warm, increasing metabolism by up to 50% in the process. Looks like Mr. Freeze had the right idea!"

I will drink cold water to burn extra calories!!!! Its not alot, but any little extra burn of calories i'll take it.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to drink hot/warm water, which is supposed to help flush out the digestive system. Also, some Chinese/Jappanese drink green tea with their meals to aid digestion.

Great post, thanks @kayjosh2422 :)
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I like to take how many ounces I want to drink a day and divide it by 10 hours, I than just drink x number of ounces each hour. It keeps you drinking throughout the day and your body, scale and skin will love you for it
  • barbara30324
    barbara30324 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a 30 oz water bottle at my desk and try to fill it once each hour in the morning. Here's my tracking method:xjxx5eloqyg8.jpeg
  • dontgiveup2319
    dontgiveup2319 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I use my 20 ounce bottle or just a regular glass. I have no problem getting enough water. Each day is different for me but I usually drink 10-16 cups a day. I'm obsessed with water! Always have always will. :)
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I like to take how many ounces I want to drink a day and divide it by 10 hours, I than just drink x number of ounces each hour. It keeps you drinking throughout the day and your body, scale and skin will love you for it

I tried this yesterday...and it worked! Thanks for the tip!
  • Silverthornes
    Silverthornes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can i drink sparkling water instead?
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Can i drink sparkling water instead?

I count anything where the main ingredient is water. I love my soda stream and drink lots of sparkling water :)
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I second (or third? Or fourth?) the suggestion to keep an actual travel bottle of water with you at all times. I have a Nalgene bottle that holds half my day's water. It feels like a constant reminder of my water goal, and I have no problem hitting it. But if I rely on just memory, forget about it!
  • snookey16
    snookey16 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Karyn1415 thank you so much for the 10 gulp tip. I did that today at work and found it so much easier to get my water drank.
  • tschwery
    tschwery Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Karyn1415 wrote: »
    @sarahrosebinder I know it can be rough! I am up to drinking 16 cups a day. It helps if you buy yourself a nice bottle, at least it helped me. I also follow the 10 gulp rule. Every time I pick up my water I have to take 10 gulps before I set it back down. This rule really helps me get my water in.

The 10 gulp rule has really been helping me. Thanks for the tip!