Annual exam results are in!

Options
Just got my lab results back from my annual physical. My dr was thrilled w/my cholesterol results.
HDL from 34 to 46; LD from 138 to 98; Triglycerides from 139 to 67 and total cholesterol from 200 to 157. Off BP medication completely and my BP is fabulous. (105/67) My iron is still low (same song for the last 10+ years) but better than it was in May. I am just tickled to think that what I am doing is giving me a chance at not only a longer life, but a healthier and more satisfying life. When I had my VSG done last November I dreamed that I could maybe have these outcomes but also prepared myself to be the sole exception to what everyone else seemed to be experiencing, thinking I might only lose a little weight and not see improvements. (those are the negative nelly thoughts that sometimes run around my brain) I am not where I want to be weight-wise and may not even be there when I hit my 1 yr post-surgery mark in 2 months, but I am so far ahead in the improvements in my health that I feel like I am a walking VSG success story. :)

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Lori that's awesome! You are doing so good and I am very impressed with your attitude! Looking at the health improvements as being more important than the number on the scale is a victory all in itself! Great job girl!
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Those are some AWESOME test results!! Keep up the good work!
  • phippsfit
    phippsfit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on such wonderful proof of your hard work!!
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news! And you are so right...not only will you have a longer life but a healthier one as well.
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That is great news! I have always looked at it this journey as becoming healthy. Losing the weight and looking fabulous is a perk. But being healthy - not getting diabetes and not having a future heart issue, is more important.
  • imboswell
    imboswell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :)
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Those are awesome NSVs! You are doing fabulous :)
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news. You have done well.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Great news! A new healthy you!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Very good!
  • nilklynn
    nilklynn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! That's awesome!
  • seaghdha1072
    seaghdha1072 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job! Great news on those lab results!