"Why We get Fat: And What To Do About It" By Gary Taubes - Book Review

Options

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @fastforlife1 Gary has been a driving force for years in the low carb world.

wholegrainscouncil.org/files/backup_migrate/-WheatBellyJulieJonesCFW.pdf

The link above may be of interest to you as well. I found this review helpful while it "Anti" Wheat Belly (note the source) since I have not read the book. While the writer is trying to refute the book Julie Jones does put key points in print for a quick read. I am 1/2 way through William Davis MD new version (2014) called Wheat Belly Total Health and have been impressed more than by any book on the subject.

Dr. Davis goes the next step beyond Gary's efforts and states with science and stories from his medical practice why it is really the grains that causes weight gains. He is not Pro Sugar by any means but he is not Anti on all types of sugar either. After a year in ketosis and reading a lot of research I do recommend reading the above review.

Below is a link to Dr. Davis' website which is naturally used as a marketing tool but has a lot of info that I find interesting being new to his work.

wheatbellyblog.com/

Below is a short "Pro" review of Wheat Belly Total Health.

fathead-movie.com/index.php/2014/11/13/review-wheat-belly-total-health/

• fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thank you Gale.Your info is good news for me since I can do without grains but not even a little bit of sugar ...that would be very very hard. :)