Pounds lost

Options
katnip40
katnip40 Posts: 19 Member
Hey group, I've lost 4lbs since I started this on 9/10/15. I"m so very proud of myself and I'm heading to gym right now to do my 15 minutes on the elipitcal machine right now!!! Thanks for all of your support. The journey continues!!!

Replies

• openlynoted
    openlynoted Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 4 lbs in 10 days is an awesome feat!
  • Stef1959
    Stef1959 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's a great start to your journey!
  • katnip40
    katnip40 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bad news, I gained a 1lb back this weekend. I'm so bad on the weekends! I wish i was as good as I am when I'm at work. I"m not eating as bad on the weekends as I use to do but I'm not eating as good as I know I can either. I'm not going to give up trying to do better because eventually I will. Open to any advise you can provide :smile:
  • Stef1959
    Stef1959 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Katnip - I'm only about a week ahead of you on my diet...umm I mean lifestyle change. :) I've had days where I stepped on the scale only to find I had gained a pound or two back also but I think we're headed in the right direction if we even give this half a chance. I guess we need to think more long term....even if we only lose a pound every other week, that's still 24 pounds in a year in the right direction. I get so discouraged when I realize I have gained 10 pounds a year for the last 5 years. And every time I quit a diet, I gain even more.... I wish I could stay off of the scale for about a month, but I am too curious..I do great at work also because I pack my breakfast and lunch - then I make bad choices at night. I am trying to package and freeze all of my meats into 2 decent sized servings for my bf and myself. I work in a hospital and keep reminding myself how small the servings are on the patient meals. That's how much we should be eating....not 6 tacos or a chicken fried steak that covers the plate...It's just really hard to change bad habits. We have also been making a big salad and eating it first...then I go cook dinner. It seems to help curb the hunger and help me eat less at the main meal. Hang in there!
  • DonnaDickeson
    DonnaDickeson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stef, Try slowly reducing the amount of food you put on your plate. Instead of taking half of everything to begin with, try taking half of your potato and bread reducing your carb intake. That will help a lot. Also using a smaller plate helped me. When at home keep the food on the stove and serve from there. Maybe even put left overs away before you sit down to eat. It is really hard when you have to cook for a husband and/or children too. Remember, It is a daily choice. Just because you blew it today, tomorrow is a new day. Try going to a long walk an the weekends to offset your calories.

Donna