Bad eating habits

Options
katnip40
katnip40 Posts: 19 Member
Last night I ate 3 small slices of frozen pizza (my weakness) and I had promised myself that I was only going to eat 1 slice. This is really going to be a struggle but I'm up for the challenge but I did go and workout for 30 mins.

Replies

• shilton01
    shilton01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had to take things like this out of my house. I can't even have it here or I will eat too much too.
  • katnip40
    Options
    I have grandkids that i have custody of so it's kind of hard to not have some of the bad stuff in the house but i don't buy too much of it and i most definitely don't buy the sweet stuff. But like you if it's in the house i will eat it until it's all gone.
  • openlynoted
    openlynoted Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yep! It's called the seafood diet spelled as see-food. Whenever you see food, you eat :-)
  • Stef1959
    Stef1959 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes, pizza is a tough one because you can't cook just one slice....Good job on the exercising though!
  • ktgbgrme
    ktgbgrme Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When I have temptations in my house of the starchy sort, I stop myself and ask, "when will I have the chance to eat these chips (or whatever) again?" I'lI take a deep breath and answer, "Anytime at all. I can go over to the supermarket and get those Ruffles whenever I want. I don't really have to eat them now. Even if I wait until my teenager eats the entire bag, there will be plenty more to be had." I can usually delay my gratification, and the urge to eat them will pass.
    I'll save falling off the wagon for real NYC bagels or a piece of homemade blueberry pie. o:)
  • katnip40
    Options
    That sounds good and I"m going to attempt to try that :wink:
  • ModaVita
    ModaVita Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ktgbgrme wrote: »
    When I have temptations in my house of the starchy sort, I stop myself and ask, "when will I have the chance to eat these chips (or whatever) again?" I'lI take a deep breath and answer, "Anytime at all. I can go over to the supermarket and get those Ruffles whenever I want. I don't really have to eat them now. Even if I wait until my teenager eats the entire bag, there will be plenty more to be had." I can usually delay my gratification, and the urge to eat them will pass.
    I'll save falling off the wagon for real NYC bagels or a piece of homemade blueberry pie. o:)

Ditto to this!

Also, it often works to first eat "my" food and tell myself I can have the pizza (or whatever) afterward. Then, with the edge off my hunger, it's a lot easier to say no to the pizza.