New here

Options
Hello, I got a friend request from Christine and thought it was time I introduced myself! I'm pretty new on MFP but I have been here before. Was very successful 4 years ago but didn't change my habits and regained what I had lost. My goal is really only 15-20lbs and to be honest that might be too much when I get there. I run and have 2 little girls, work part time and do a lot of volunteering so I'm busy! I am reading both the Beck diet solution and the trap book at the moment. I like some of the daily ideas in the solution book but I don't stick to each day. I don't actually care if it takes me way longer than 6 weeks to master the steps, this is an ongoing thing, not somthing to be measured by time. I have logged into MFP for 2 weeks now and although I have 'only' lost 1lb so far, I do feel I have learned a lot already. I had a birthday and had 4 separate meals out (I mostly cook and eat at home) so that was challenging and I made lots of excuses so I could eat (overeat) cake and chocolates etc. Anyway, I'm not being hard on myself, trying to be kind and not be a perfectionist either as that doesn't help.
I'd love more friends but I warn you I am in the UK so probably not the right time zone for a lot of people...

Replies

• christabelle66
    christabelle66 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty geographically spread out group! Welcome.
  • TMLH1
    TMLH1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm new to this group as well. I've tried dieting many times but hope to change my eating patterns this time. I successfully quit smoking 14 years ago using the CBT techniques so I know they work. Any others newbies out there?
    Tracey