Week 3 Check-In: Week of September 21, 2015

Options
CatAlii
CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
Week 3 Check-In: Week of September 21, 2015
Welcome to 4 months, 20 lbs, a group of people supporting and encouraging each other in our journey to better health 5 lbs at a time until the new year. The idea behind this group is, by setting smaller more attainable goals, we will be more likely to succeed at our long term goals. We started this 4 month cycle last week on September 1, 2015 but feel free to jump in any time!

I will post a check-in thread every Monday (or the night before) but if you prefer to check-in on another day please do that. You can also check-in with whatever data you have from your most recent weigh-in or you can wait until your weigh-in day.

By checking in each week, we can assess which goals and resolutions are working, which aren’t, and improve them for the next week. Thank you so much for being a part of this group. Here's to reaching our 2015 goals! Have a wonderful week. :smiley:

To get started, please copy and paste the four items below in your post:
Weight loss goal for September:
Net weight loss from September 1st:
Favorite motivators:
Resolutions for this week:

Replies

• CatAlii
    CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 5 lbs
    Net weight loss from September 1st: -3.5 lbs
    Favorite motivators: Seeing a loss on the scale, seeing my activity stats go up on my activity monitor, and seeing others' losses as they check in.
    Resolutions for this week: Continue to track everything diligently and stay within my daily calorie goal

Congratulations everyone! Last week we had great participation and some great losses. I realized last week as I saw people's losses show up in my news feed that seeing others succeed is so motivating! For me, it's a combination of enthusiasm for their loss and a "I can do that too" feeling plus a bit of competition that makes seeing others succeed such a great motivator. Let's keep it up!

It is going to be hot in my area this week. I'm not looking forward to it at all - we don't have ac and the evenings are barely cooling off at all so I'm not going to beat myself up too much for activity goals this week but I know I will need to be very diligent about making healthy food choices and staying under my calorie goal. A 5 lb loss for this month feels within reach so I don't want to blow it.

I wish everyone a wonderful week and I look forward to talking with you all and sharing in your successes and your struggles.
  • amyaimee
    amyaimee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 5 lbs (starting wt 187.5)
    Net weight loss from September 1st: -2.5 lbs
    Favorite motivators: being super close to my first 5 pound mini-goal (1 more pound!); having more stamina when I hike with my boyfriend; getting close to my next-size-down wardrobe
    Resolutions for this week: tracking every day; 6000 steps a day; weight training at the gym twice

My stats above are exactly what they were 2 weeks ago. I kinda stalled out over the past week. I wasn't tracking, I wasn't hitting my daily step goals, and I didn't go to the gym. I also forgot to check in last week - I guess that was right before I stopped logging and I was not even mindful that I was supposed to check in!

My life is very busy. I have a ton on my plate and I'm trying to get my finances in order, which takes a lot of psychological energy. But this is important to me. So I am going to really try to stay focused, and hope to have a loss this week. (My weight hasn't changed since I weighed in 2 weeks ago, which I am grateful for - it could have gone up!)

My boyfriend is back in town and I already have a gym date planned with him on Wednesday. Today I am planning to walk around a 2-mile fitness trail close to my office in the early afternoon. I am back on track this week!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    weight lose goal for sept: 5lbs starting weight 148
    net weight loss from sept 1st: -1.5 lbs today's weight 146.5
    favorite motivators: watching the numbers go down on the scale and finally seeing a waist.

Resolutions for this week: Still not up to snuff so it's to continue the exercising but to rest when my body says to. I did do the aerobics and it worked out well and still can't find anyone to walk with me as I'm a walking germ factory. Don't blame them I look like crap. LOL My family says I should go to the Dr when I 'm almost better? I don't think so. LOL Til next week.
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 2lbs
    Net weight loss from September 1st: 0
    Favorite motivators:
    Resolutions for this week: I need to get on track. This week I will go to the gym 4x's. I will log my food
    every day, even if I'm over. Portion control!!!
  • apuls413
    apuls413 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 2 lbs
    Net weight loss from September 1st: 0lbs
    Favorite motivators: coaching softball in the spring
    Resolutions for this week: Gym 6x this week.

This week was tough. The Big E is in town so if I only maintain I will be happy. I need to get motivated to go to the gym more and starting training for the St. Patty's Day race.
  • 2006T
    2006T Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 5 lbs.
    Net weight loss from September 1st: .8
    Favorite motivators:
    Resolutions for this week: Fitting in exercise this week 3 times. Micromanage calories to maximize loss for week.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 8 pounds
    Net weight loss from September 3rd: weight 185.8 today 178 -7.8 pounds loss
    Favorite motivators: My MFP friends
    Successes from the previous week: Staying on track as much as possible and tried to keep positive

Resolutions for this week: Keep moving
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 4 pounds
    Net weight loss from September 1st: 2 lbs
    Favorite motivators: Having company for workouts.
    Resolutions for this week: 15 mins/day minimum of deliberate exercise
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September:8lbs
    Net weight loss from September 1st:-11.3lbs
    Favorite motivators: seeing the # on the scale decrease, reading others success stories, fall shopping my favorite season of the year
    Resolutions for this week: had minor surgery on my shoulder on Thursday so I hope to incorporate another type of lifting/light exercise that doesn't involve my shoulder.