9/23 Day 209 Wednesday

Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Morning everyone. Now i bet some of you noticed that I disappeared from the Group leaders section of the group. That's because I was managing the group yesterday and accidentally demoted myself. I took over this group a little while back because shovav had been gone for a very long time. So i messaged the staff of myfitnesspal to make me owner/leader. But the thing is...Since I'm not owner I have had to message them to reinstate it because I can't do it myself. But everything will go as normal. the only major difference for you all is that i can't officially make events and announcements. But I can do it here just as well until they get around to reinstating me.

Anyway today is going to prep us for October's Month long challenge. Those of you who were in May will remember the Movin in May! Where we tried our hardest to not sit as much! Well it is back again in collaberation with themedalist! It will be different from last time! But the layout will basically be the same. Instead of having a calendar to follow, it will take over the daily challenges of next month. I will be so happy to have you all join us to fight the sitting disease and teach ourselves new healthy habits!

Today's Challenge: If you are sitting for an extended period....get up and move!

Replies

• elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Define "extended period"..... ;)
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    Elizabeth, it's recommended that we stand up or move around every 30 minutes or so. And Auna, MFP has restored you as the group leader. Can't wait until October! Sitting less is much easier than many folks realize. Auna and I have got some great challenges planned for the month!
  • Lisa021773
    Lisa021773 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm at a desk all day. I have been conscious if getting up and walking for 5-10 min.