Motivation Accountability and support September 21 to 27

jltheis7
jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
I don't know about all of you but I can get too busy to make sure that healthy options are available. I am sharing a link to an article that reminded me that I need to do this because when I do, not only do I eat healthier but I have more time in the day to do other things.

Http://weight loss.about.com/cd/CookingTips/ss/How-to-Prep-Healthy-Meals-for-the-Week.htm

My goals this week are:
Log daily
30 minutes exercise
Eat gluten free

Replies

• violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    The link has a space in it, so it doesn't quite work. Can you please repost.
  • violet456
    What are my goals this week. I'm finding it hard to come up with and stick to them. So lets start small again.

1. Log Everything even if I go over
    2. Try for at least 5000 steps every day and more on weekends. Monday was a fail, but Sunday was a huge day, but that is just an excuse.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Hi guys,

So I currently cannot get onto the group on my android phone! I am not sure what is going on with it, but I did some updates and then nothing! I rely on my phone for all my posting

Anyways last week ended well an my goals this week are to stay away from night time snacking, drink more water because I'm slipping into not drinking enough and too clean my house for fall!

I hope everyone has a great week :)
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Ok I'm off to a late start this week. Spent the weekend at the Ren Faire and went to bed early yesterday so tonight's my first night to pay this week.

Goals:

Two walks (one done Sunday)
    Three gym days (one done today)
    The dreaded hope chest clean up...I just can't seem to make myself do this. I am weak.
    Post five motivational posts. (Two done today)

Have a great week!
  • jltheis7
    Http://weight loss.about.com/cd/CookingTips/ss/How-to-Prep-Healthy-Meals-for-the-Week.htm

Sorry hope this works.

So far I have had a good week. I prepped my meals on Monday and it has helped me stick to gluten free foods. I am trying to spend time outdoors for my exercise minutes. Fall is my favorite time of the year!

Sounds like everyone is doing well! Violet, being honest with our logging is a true test sometimes, isn't it? HlaR79, nighttime snacking was very difficult for me to avoid; what helps you do it? Kai, we all have those areas that are tough to keep organized. I really find www.flylady.com a great source of inspiration.

Be well!
  • jltheis7
    Ok, it posted wrong again...you can find it if you search about.com for prepping healthy meals.
  • mjwwes
    mjwwes Posts: 21 Member
    Goals for week

Recode food dairy every day to stay I. Track
    Eat more veggies
    Keep healthy snaks on hand
    30 min exercise 4 x this week
  • violet456
    Just a note of me getting back on track.
    Yesterday and today I actually got up and did exercise before work. Yesterday after many things tried to stop me and getting frustrated I still got 15 minutes of recumbant exercise bike in and then this morning went a bit smoother and I got 25 minutes in. Yay. Then on top of that I still went for my lunch time walk yesterday for 15 minutes or so, and today instead of just walking I did the ramp out back. It is a steep ramp that leads to unused underground parking. I actually made it 7 times today, well my fitbit says 7 I really think it was 8. I had to take a couple walking breaks near the end, but kept going. It's turning into a good exercise week. Recover from birthday "treats".
  • jltheis7
  • amartin0614
    amartin0614 Posts: 28 Member
    So, I did really good this week in terms of getting back on track with working out. This was after an eating fest that lasted 1.5 days, so I still had a gain this week, but, I've been checking my weight all week and it's bee steadily declining from the food-fest, so I'm not going to let the gain get me down. I got the new iPhone yesterday and when I paired my apple watch to it four days of my activity data this week was lost. I was devastated by this last night. The two days that I did AMAZING were among the 4 lost. =( Oh well. I weighed in this morning and it's the start of a new week. Here's to staying on track.
  • kaihunter45
    @violet456 WTG on the exercise!
  • kaihunter45
    @amartin0614 sorry about the data loss, but remember the most important thing, losing the data doesn't mean you didn't do the work. your body is the true measure of our data!
  • kaihunter45
    My week went fairly well. got all my gym days in. Tracked everyday, but have started a new form of creative tracking I've never done before. I used to allow myself non-trackable foods. Certain foods that i found necessities that i never track. (Unsweetened coffee/tea and artificial sweeteners are examples, so are some vegetables and communion. ) I still ignore the coffee/tea/sweeteners but I'm catching myself over tracking. This morning i had two cups of coffee, each with a serving of creamer, but i tracked three servings of creamer. I've caught myself adding an extra ounce to meat here and there and doubling the amount of veggies. I also started following the turnpike train of thought. If I'm not sure of something i take the highest calorie count for that item. Now that I realize I'm doing it part of me sees it as good. Sorta like hedging my bets to insure a not depressed Kai at weigh-in. Part of me sees it as a not so good slip into a new kind of disordered eating.

I don't have a working PC so I MFP on my android phone and my tablet. My phone still let's me into groups, but there's just a gray blank space where the conversation topics used to be. Has anyone else run into this. Would reinstalling the app on my phone help?

The dreaded hope chest of disorganization...well the landlord is forcing my hand on this. Next week they are coming in for the fall maintenance check, batteries in alarm replacement and furnace check. It's bad enough that my Christmas tree is still up and decorated from 2014 (long story). I really don't want them to see the hope chest so definitely today and tomorrow after my husband goes to work.

Two walks...well I'm hoping to get one in tomorrow. I have been dancing though. I got three Saxon Moon CDs at the Ren Faire and I've been listening and moving all week.

Hope everyone had a great week!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Sounds like everyone had a great week, you all rock!
    Considering how wacky colds make my sugars and how wacky sugars effect my weight i am okay with my 0 loss week!

Jltheis: to avoid night time snacking i am eating dinner a bit about 1.5 hours later then i used to, i avoid keeping junk in the house and when i do still feel hungry i eat so i dont binge later! Its still a big struggle but now if i eat after 9, 930 i end up throwing up during the night, so i am really motivated to not slip!

And yay i found a way to work around my phone problem!