Options
Hello ladies! I just joined the group and am excited to get to know you. A little about me. I am a 44 years old and married with two teenage daughters. I am 5'4" and weighed 278 at my first surgery consult in April. Right now I am on my way to my 5th of of 7 required nutritionist appts. I see the PA as well at each of these appts. My weight today is 252 and I'm pretty happy with that.

I'm hoping for insurance approval by the end of October and surgery should be in November, though I might wait until after Thanksgiving. We would like to visit my in-laws and some old friends and I just don't know if I'll be up to it while I'm spending all my waking hours trying to sip enough water and protein shakes. lol

Well I guess I'll go creep on the old posts so I can get to know something about you. Cindy

Replies

• Sherrynjonboy
    Sherrynjonboy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :)
  • sherrebowen
    sherrebowen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck.. It's a crazy journey but so worth it!! Hope all goes well!! I am 47 married with 2 kids.. I had my surgery 3 1/2 months ago.. And I'm down 44 pounds from highest weight!! Still learning a lot, but it def helps to have support from others who have been in your shoes!!
    Wishing you the best
    Sherre'
  • Kerria1024
    Kerria1024 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! My surgery is Monday morning and I am nervous and excited! You can add me!
  • GoDasher
    GoDasher Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    KCHRISTIAN wrote: »
    Hi! My surgery is Monday morning and I am nervous and excited! You can add me!

How did everything go? Where did you have your surgery? I live in Tulsa, but my insurance is making me come down to Norman. The annoying part is that all of my appointments have been there - shrink, PT, dietician, etc. At least I could have my mammogram here! LOL

I hope all is well and that the pounds are dropping off!
  • penkon
    penkon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How exciting!
    My surgery is in 19 days! I'm on my preop diet at the moment and I'm losing weight.. woo!! :smile:
  • GoDasher
    GoDasher Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo @penkon! I have a 2 week pre-op diet and I'm on day 9. I've dropped about 8 lbs. I say "about" because I have a cheap scale. One morning - just to prove that point - I got on it and apparently was losing 1/2 a pound every 10 minutes. Uh, yeah, no!

I've thought of buying a nicer scale, but for me it really isn't about each pound, when you need to lose DOZENS (multiple dozens!) I can't get concerned about 1 or 2. I will say though, just in the past week, I do SEE some loss. I see one part of one of my rolls has shrunk a little. (We can be honest here, right?) I figured it would be my boobs first - and they aren't that big (proportionately) to begin with. LOL Sorry hubby! <3