General Check-In Reports

Options
2»

Replies

• lanark1982
    lanark1982 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Okay - regular 2-week weigh in here. Haven't lost any more this time, still 75kg. However, there have been a few big meals out in that time, so I should be pleased that it's not gone up at all. Back here in another fortnight :)
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I think im probably having too many treats on my non fast days.

I'd bet that's your problem right there. You think, you don't know. Trust the math, it's there. Track everything and you'll find it. Or your TDEE is off.
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm frustrated! I have been doing 5:2 for two weeks and was down 4 pounds! Past two days I did eat a lot (lots of social activities) but it's not like I went on an awful binge, and this morning gained back all 4 pounds! I can't believe that happened in just two days. I thought the benefit of this diet was I could have a fun weekend and at least maintain. I really thought this was going to work for me but now not so sure. Anyway I am fasting today and will see what the scale says tomorrow :(
  • sakurablush
    sakurablush Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I should post my results as I do alternate day fasting rather than 5:2, but I figure its similar enough.

(31 y/o female, 5'6)
    SW: 182
    CW: 155
    GW: 120

I began fasting back in May, after losing 9 pounds just cutting back on sugar, alcohol etc. So far I've lost on average 6 3/4 a month, and guess it'll slow down as I continue to get smaller. I was hoping I'd lose a solid 2 ibs a week, but I'll take what I can get :)
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    DanaW13, I feel your pain. I was down 8 pounds, and regained part because of some stress bingeing (even though I was still fasting like I should). But this morning after a week of being really good, I was back way down, for a total of 11 pounds lost. I am pretty sure that the gain was mostly water retention from the junk I ate. I hope this gives you hope/motivation.
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Thanks Kate! You are right, the scale has come back down two pounds, which leaves my weight loss at about two - two and a half pounds in 3 weeks. I was hoping for more, but it's something. I am doing pretty well with fast days but have not found my appetite reduced on non -fast days as I hoped. I am now trying 4:3 to speed things up.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    DanaW13 wrote: »
    Thanks Kate! You are right, the scale has come back down two pounds, which leaves my weight loss at about two - two and a half pounds in 3 weeks. I was hoping for more, but it's something. I am doing pretty well with fast days but have not found my appetite reduced on non -fast days as I hoped. I am now trying 4:3 to speed things up.

Glad you are back down! I have considered 4:3, but I don't know if it would work with my life/husband/kids. Good luck with it, I hope it works for you!
  • erikacole
    erikacole Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi all, new here but thought I would share my results:

HW:190.4
    Started IF in mid August
    CW: 182.8 (so 7.6 lbs in 5 weeks)
    GW:165 (17.8 to go)

Using a combo of 16:8 with 5:2 and loving it!
  • nakaiki
    nakaiki Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Began IF January 5, 2015 at 158.6
    CW: 121
    GW: 110

Summer was rough with weight gain and then an extended plateau, but I seem to be back on track. I know Monday's official weigh in will see an increase in weight, as I don't fast on weekends and eating at tdee makes me retain water no matter what I eat.
  • DanaW13
    Options
    5 week weigh in has me at 133, with a total of 4 pounds lost. I lost 1.5 pounds I'm the last week, so the pace picked up! I have been doing 4:3, and I have started skipping some meals on no fast days, which has helped keep me from going overboard.