Intro - new to Community and need support

Options
Sandra448
Sandra448 Posts: 22 Member
I'm 43 and have been married for 10 years. My husband and I fostered a 4 year old boy for 3 months; hardest job ever. I've been struggling with gaining and losing for years and would like to change my thoughts and can use some friends. I'd like to lose up to 30 pounds or when I feel great about myself. I can be a great cheerleader for others too.

Replies

• MsDillieBar
    MsDillieBar Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hi @Sandra448 welcome to the group! I sent you a friend request! :)
    I'm on the verge of turning 45 *gasp* and am working on losing 50 lbs ish.
    I'm on the verge of my 17th wedding anniversary *gasp* also (not as traumatic, I'm quite fond of DH). <3
    I feel your struggle with the weight loss beast!
  • willanina1
    willanina1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ~ I'm 46, been married for 29 years, have 2 grown children and 2 absolutely wonderful grandchildren ages 7 & 5. I've slowly been gaining and gaining and gaining over the years.....I tried weight watchers with luck but I could never get to my goal weight and it was turning costly so I thought I would try something different. This is my first week on MFP so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing but I'm ready to give it a try!
  • arps0912
    arps0912 Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 46 & have been married for 23 years ♡. I'm a lot like Willanina1. I've done WW several times. Some times with success & some times not so much. I am the heaviest I have ever been. I recently joined Beachbody & I'm on their Shakeology & PiYo programs. Today is my 1st day on MFP. I'm really trying to be accountable & dedicated. I want to succeed for real this time. I would love to be friends with others so we can help & encourage each other.
    Jackie
  • crpoll5
    crpoll5 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I quit using this site about a year ago and gained all my pounds back. I realize I need MFP or I fail. Looking for some new best friends to help me get back to where I was at before I started drinking Pepsi and eating Doritos again. I promise I will be very active and try to be supportive. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • LoveIshie
    LoveIshie Posts: 94 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi sandra448, welcome to the group! Feel free to add me and that goes to others reading this post as well.
  • BLACKnMILD31
    BLACKnMILD31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Theresa I'm 44 who is struggling on my weight lose journey maybe friends going through weight lose will help feel free to add me everyone!!
  • jfilar3
    jfilar3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    John, 46, single dad of two adult children and a 10-yr old daughter. I'm terrible about exercising, though I do walk a 10k or a half every month. I've been a weight yo-yo for years. Had success with WW years ago until it got so complicated! However, it's obvious I need the accountability of daily logging, so here I am. Trying to lose 40 and planning to gradually add in exercise. I eat a mostly vegetarian diet though I eat some seafood (pescovegetarian). Happy to encourage others and share recipes. Feel free to add me!
  • BarbaraSutton1
    BarbaraSutton1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Barbara, 43 and just diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes yesterday. I'm a single mum of a 22 year old son who has Aspergers Syndrome. I need to lose 20 lbs to get my blood sugars back on track, I don't want to end up like my mum who went blind from diabetic complications eek!
  • Danna7492
    Danna7492 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, need to loose for health reasons. Diagnosed with MS 3 1/2 years ago and have chronic pain in back/hip. Never been married. I have 2 fur babies(cats). I can't do this on my own. So here I am. Send you a friend request.
  • K8Fit
    K8Fit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    cwgrl7492 wrote: »
    I'm 41, need to loose for health reasons. Diagnosed with MS 3 1/2 years ago and have chronic pain in back/hip. Never been married. I have 2 fur babies(cats). I can't do this on my own. So here I am. Send you a friend request.

I have fur babies too!
  • LadyJ1975
    LadyJ1975 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am a soon to be 40 year old woman whose birthday lands right before Thanksgiving. I am an emotional eater and comfort foods can be my downfall. I have a teenager who is about to head to college and I have decided it's time for me to focus on self care. Weightloss, healthier eating, and getting rid of the butt cheek indent in my couch are my goals.. Haha. I look forward to being part of the community here.
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome LadyJ1975 :-)
  • broomykm
    broomykm Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have been a member of myfitnesspal for a long time, and used it to great success about three years ago. Then life changed. The past year has been all about no set routines, living in an RV, moving to a new state, and basically ignoring all of the things I know I have to do in order to maintain a healthy weight and fitness level. I am 45 and would like to lose 35 pounds and KEEP THEM OFF, as well as improving my fitness levels and get back into running. I would like to train for and run a 5K in 2016.
  • hummingbird314
    hummingbird314 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm back on MFP because this is where I lost my weight the last time. I stopped tracking and gained it back. 4'10" 176lbs My goal is around 130 or wherever I feel comfortable. I need help staying accountable. I'm a 47yo widow with 3 kids that keep my busy and I need to be healthy for them. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • LadyJ1975
    LadyJ1975 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
  • SeriousPC
    SeriousPC Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :) I'm here for motivation, to learn and to provide support where I can.

My plan: Lose 30lbs by Jan for my 49th birthday and then spend a year maintaining so I can be fit and fabulous for turning 50 by eating clean and regular strength training.