Surgery date!

Options
Just got my surgery date for my RNY. October 28th! I'm nervous but so excited!

Replies

• gaining_while_losing
    Options
    Congrats!! It'll be here before you know it!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I'm having Gastric Sleeve Surgery Oct 21st.
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Great (X2)
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! It will be here in no time. I can't believe September is almost gone already.
  • ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great news!
  • krissymae88
    krissymae88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's so exciting! :smiley:
  • dragonflies6
    dragonflies6 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You'll never regret it! Good luck and congrats!!
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I'm just really looking forward to getting myself under control!!!! After all the years of taking care of other people, I'm finally taking care of me!!!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I'm just really looking forward to getting myself under control!!!! After all the years of taking care of other people, I'm finally taking care of me!!!

This is huge! One of the things I realized throughout the process is that I needed to be selfish with my time to do this. My kids were old enough that I could go to the gym when i needed to, eat like I needed to and my whole family was so supportive. Make time for yourself and you can be successful!
  • pbastian
    pbastian Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My date for gastric bypass is 9/13--I am on a very restrictive diet. Wish me luck.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats, guys! The restrictive food period does go fast. I'm 7 weeks post-op today. Had a small salad for dinner. So excited to be back to normal food!
  • ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • kimgravitt3
    Options
    Best of luck pbastian! Hope you are doing ok.
  • velbing
    velbing Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just getting the date set...is a big relief. I understand how you feel. Mine's been set for 10/21
  • kimgravitt3
    Options
    Yes it is a relief vebling! Our dates are really close. What surgery are you having?
  • velbing
    velbing Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Roux en y gastric bypass. I just met the two other ladies having surgery the same day in our local hospital.
  • creepykbear
    creepykbear Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats you guys!!! Seems so close for me and yet at the same time so far away (I'm looking at mid Jan).
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! My brother has the same surgery date for sleeve. I'll be thinking of both of you that day!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I chose not to tell everyone I've had WLS so when someone asks me how I did it I just tell them "I'm finally taking time for myself". It's the truth and I don't have any regrets about having surgery.

Take care of yourself - you deserve it!