Wanna Share a Recipe?

Options
Gotta a good low cal - low fat - low something recipe? Feel free to share it here.

Replies

• Rachface13
    Rachface13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had an awesome dinner last night of Buffalo Cauliflower bites and celery with Ranch. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Take a head of cauliflower and cut it into bite sized pieces (big floret chunks). Set aside. In a small bowl, melt 1 tbsp butter. Then mix in 3/4 cup Frank's Redhot sauce, 2 tbsp garlic powder, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper. Put the cauliflower in a big plastic ziploc baggie and pour the sauce over the cauliflower. Close the bag and lightly shake it to cover each piece of cauliflower. Once every piece is generously coated, pour the cauliflower onto a baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes (I like to turn mine about halfway through). I eat this with a large side of celery and a small ramekin of either ranch or blue cheese (this is where most of your calories come from). This particular recipe is only about 68 calories for 1 cup!!! And you absolutely get the feeling of eating wings. I've also tried this "breaded" with chickpea flour to mimic breaded boneless wings but those are about 119 calories and I didn't like the breading. Either way, it's still a delicious, low carb, virtually guilt free meal!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    YUMMM!!!! I'm going to try this!
  • mrsgollihue
    mrsgollihue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Whoops, posted this on the challenge thread earlier then saw this thread. :)

I make tortilla or flatout pizzas often, however this week, I tried my first ever spinach alfredo 'pizza'! All you have to do is use a whole wheat tortilla (or flatout), 3 tbsp of light alfredo sauce, 1-1 1/2 cups of fresh spinach (canned would work too, just watch the sodium), and 1/4 cup cheese (I used Italian Blend). Baked it for 10-15 minutes on 375 and it crisped up nice and was under 300 calories for a very filling lunch. Give it a try guys! And if you've never tried making imitation pizza using the Flatouts or the tortillas, give it a try. I promise you'll love it!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    @mrsgollihue - I was going to transfer yours over but you've already done that. Thx! I deleted the thread it was on but wanted to make sure the recipes got shared.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    @amyhoffman01 posted on the weekly challenge thread (9/7) -

i have begun to make a cauliflower "bread" for crusts. two new recipes i've tried this week.

for a quick and high pack of protein i made some Egg n Bacon Cups, you wrap a piece of turkey bacon in a cupcake pan, deposit one egg, top with pepper, than top with a quarter of a slice of the ultra thin cheese. you can have two for 188 calories, 0 net carbs very filling due to the ton of protein.

also for cauliflower bread sticks(super delicious and can be used as a pizza crust as well or for an open faced sandwich bread.

3.00 tsp, Garlic Pepper Grinder
    4.00 large, Eggs - Whole, raw
    3.00 cup, Cauliflower-srm
    8.00 oz, Cracker Barrel Sharp-white Cheddar Cheese
    1.00 container (2 c.s ea.), Authentic Mexican Blend
    3.00 tsp, Italian Season

makes 24 breadsticks at 92 calories a piece with 2 net carbs

i do under 20 net carbs a day so if you arent doing the same diet some of my recipes may seem very high in fat.
  • amyhs12345
    amyhs12345 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    http://bromabakery.com/2013/04/37-calorie-brownies-and-no-im-not.html

I found this recipe for these healthy "brownies". It was pretty good although the brownies were definitely not as sweet as a normal brownie should be. I substituted applesauce for the sugar and almond milk for skim milk.