LC CIDER DONUTS! !!!

Options

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    You are like my hero today, I can't wait to try these. Thank you for sharing!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Let me know what you think if you get to them before me!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    I will. I think I'm going to get the stuff to make them tonight. If I can find swerve somewhere.
  • mjbrowne
    mjbrowne Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am drooling!!!!
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I will. I think I'm going to get the stuff to make them tonight. If I can find swerve somewhere.

I bought a little 1 lb bag of erythritol at our local health food store for $27 :o
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you can bake these. I HATE deep frying stuff. Not because I fear fat but because I don't have a deep fryer and I always get splatted with grease. Yes I use a grease splatter guard, but always end up getting hit. Skills I tell ya.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you can bake these. I HATE deep frying stuff. Not because I fear fat but because I don't have a deep fryer and I always get splatted with grease. Yes I use a grease splatter guard, but always end up getting hit. Skills I tell ya.

I saw in the comments that she tried baking and didn't like the texture. I don't have a fryer and am really bad at frying things myself so I was looking for the same info!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    I might try baking next time but I do think they need to be fried. They are a mushy batter so you have to be delicate. I fried in crisco in my cast iron, you could not deep fry they would fall apart. I bought a great value stevia at Wal-Mart it's a mix of erythritol and stevia and is delicious.

All in all pretty easy and tasty.

6oeusxk0r7r5.jpg
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am such a cynic. This looks like the door to cravings and no more keto for me.... hope it works!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    I'm with you nic, don't even want to try them...just give me bacon instead.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I might try baking next time but I do think they need to be fried. They are a mushy batter so you have to be delicate. I fried in crisco in my cast iron, you could not deep fry they would fall apart. I bought a great value stevia at Wal-Mart it's a mix of erythritol and stevia and is delicious.

6oeusxk0r7r5.jpg

Awesome! Now I can't wait to try them! Yours look great!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @jessicalchf thank you far sharing the recipe, I made apple pie yesterday and I still feel sick from it, and other things. I really wanted something seasonal that would work. These are perfect.
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    those look sooo yummy. Would they freeze/keep well? I know I'd want to eat more than one, however. I've got everything on hand except the cider... looks like a weekend project.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    I don't think they would freeze well. The notes on the recipe day they would keep in the fridge a couple days.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

6oeusxk0r7r5.jpg

@auntstephie321 take a look at the research on what is in Crisco. I am not sure weight loss and better health is very likely using Crisco for human food.
  • auntstephie321
    Options

6oeusxk0r7r5.jpg

@auntstephie321 take a look at the research on what is in Crisco. I am not sure weight loss and better health is very likely using Crisco for human food.

It's what I had on hand, it's never steered me wrong when making pie crust. I guess the same thing could be said about many of the foods we consume.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options

6oeusxk0r7r5.jpg

It's what I had on hand, it's never steered me wrong when making pie crust. I guess the same thing could be said about many of the foods we consume.

I was thinking more about your health. Your finished product looks great however.

• fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »

I think some crumbled bacon in these would be delish!!!!!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    fatchimom wrote: »
    Kitnthecat wrote: »

I think some crumbled bacon in these would be delish!!!!!

I thought the same thing lol!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Is that an older corelle plate pattern? :) Looks lovely, I'm scared to try dessert type recipes even with stevia in them. I'm afraid it will make me crave the real stuff!