Looking for low carb buddies!

Options
Nettabee
Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
Today makes 14 days in and 13lbs down! :D

...but no one to talk to.... :(

I see people on my friend's list talking about pizza, cake, and eating out. Then everyone I work with constantly eats fast food and brings carb heavy potluck items. I just sit at work in my office all day with no one to really talk to or to support my new lifestyle.

I'm going strong and excited about keep at it, but it would be awesome if I had some support along this journey. I have a loooooooooog way to go here on MFP, so my focus is to set mini goals, and appreciate each pound I get rid of.

Replies

• Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! What an amazing loss you have had so far! This is my first day, and that gives me something to be inspired by. And I would love people to talk to about this way of eating. I just ate a whole avocado with a fork, lol. Too funny.

Kat
  • Nettabee
    Options
    LOL! I like fresh guacamole (well used to with chips) but i've never eaten an avocado straight....I think it's just the texture or something lol.

Glad I could inspire you! That's all I want to do here, inspire and be inspired!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad in an avocado boat is my favorite LCHF lunch! :) Both of you can add me!
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. :) Although today I appologize for my lunch consisting of hot dogs, cheese and low sugar ketchup. *blush* It was that or I dove head first into a PB&J sammie.
  • Nettabee
    Options
    Heehee I don't know about that boat, but I'm good for a tuna salad lettuce wrap! lol
  • knackeredat34
    knackeredat34 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Add me, I've done five weeks and down 20lbs
  • Nettabee
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. :) Although today I appologize for my lunch consisting of hot dogs, cheese and low sugar ketchup. *blush* It was that or I dove head first into a PB&J sammie.

That doesn't sound too bad! I don't miss anything yet, but I definitely did enjoy my hotdogs I had for dinner the day before I started lol!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I added you. I'm new here so I welcome any new friends who are also doing this way of eating! :)
  • Reytor
    Reytor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I just started back up on low carb.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    @Nettabee most people do not grasp this Way Of Eat and seldom want to talk about it in my circles. :)

I evolved into LCHF without knowing what it was a year ago when I was looking for a way to manage my arthritis pain without meds. 30 days after I left most all sugars (now eat <50 grams of carbs daily) and all grains a year ago my pain level became well managed without many meds so naturally I stay with with WOE.

In my case I now try to eat well before going to a potluck meal so I do not accidentally get knocked out of nutritional ketosis.

In my case past day 14 my cravings just started fading away. Best of success.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm open to all friend requests too! I have been LCHF since March of this year. I don't log anymore but looking back before July is a good reference if needed. I do tend to comment on others diaries and have had some get offended with some of my opinions on their food choices (like Tostitos) and what they do to me. If you don't want that type of support, don't friend me. Just putting that out there since I was unfriended recently by someone who had sent me the friend request. :smile:
  • Jdkbs
    Jdkbs Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Open to all friend requests. Restarted today after another failed attempt at low fat dieting.
    Love the success and support here.
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Nettabee wrote: »
    LOL! I like fresh guacamole (well used to with chips) but i've never eaten an avocado straight....I think it's just the texture or something

If you catch the avocado when it's ripe enough to slice easily but not so ripe it's mushy, it can be great sliced and sprinkled with salt and pepper. I eat them like that all of the time.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    I'm always looking for LCHF and/or Keto friends as well. Not everyone on my friends list believes in or agrees with the LCHF/Keto way of eating so to protect myself from judgment I keep my food diary closed.
  • tallyintheair
    tallyintheair Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, I'very been doing it solo for almost all year, 10kg to go till I'm a healthy weight but want to get there by Christmas so I'm getting really serious now!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    You can add me too, I'very been doing it solo for almost all year, 10kg to go till I'm a healthy weight but want to get there by Christmas so I'm getting really serious now!

That's awesome! I did it for a month and only lost 3lbs so I got discouraged and fell off the wagon. I'm back on now and working to be better prepared for life's little hiccups this time around.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Low carber that maintained 80lbs lost for 3 years here. Got lazy and need to lose 10lbs again. The more low carb friends the better!!!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    dulcitonia wrote: »
    Low carber that maintained 80lbs lost for 3 years here. Got lazy and need to lose 10lbs again. The more low carb friends the better!!!

Can you share some of the things you did to lose 80lbs and maintain it?
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Nettabee wrote: »
    Today makes 14 days in and 13lbs down! :D

...but no one to talk to.... :(

I see people on my friend's list talking about pizza, cake, and eating out. Then everyone I work with constantly eats fast food and brings carb heavy potluck items. I just sit at work in my office all day with no one to really talk to or to support my new lifestyle.

I'm going strong and excited about keep at it, but it would be awesome if I had some support along this journey. I have a loooooooooog way to go here on MFP, so my focus is to set mini goals, and appreciate each pound I get rid of.

Please feel free to add me. We're all in this together!
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Zoe678 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me! What an amazing loss you have had so far! This is my first day, and that gives me something to be inspired by. And I would love people to talk to about this way of eating. I just ate a whole avocado with a fork, lol. Too funny.

Kat

Kat,
    Feel free to add me!