Fasting after little sleep.

Options
DanaW13
DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
I was up half the night with my feverish 3-year-old and am attempting to fast today. I had a big eating weekend and was really looking forward to a Monday fast! But I am exhausted and hungry and it is only 10:30am. I am curious as to what are others' experienced after a bad night? Do you still fast, or do you reschedule?

Replies

• flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would cut myself some slack in your position. For me, fasting takes a little bit of strategizing. I do sort of plan my day around it so I'm not putting in a situation where I might fail. That said, when the unexpected arises, I go with the flow. When you're tired, your willpower falters. Rather than sticking with a fast and potentially not following through and beating yourself up over it, just be gracious to yourself and schedule another day.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I had a throwing up child last night, so I feel your pain. I have a diet Mt Dew in the back of the fridge for just this kind of emergency. It is zero cal, high caffeine and 20 ounces will fill in the empty spaces. I hope you get some aleep tonight!
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I actually ended up having a good fast day. It was nice cuz it showed me one bad night wouldn't ruin my fast! I think now that I've been doing this over a month, my body is used to it. Kate, I hope your child is over the bug!
  • maryade
    maryade Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For bad days, like with little sleep or I'm feeling unwell, I may not do a full fast, but keep to about 800-1200cals. This still creates a bit of a deficit, but stops me from feeling miserable or sabotaging myself.