Why did you join Jenny Craig and what has your experience been like?

Options
I joined Jenny Craig about 2 months ago, and I love their food..it tastes great and it's really not that expensive if you're looking for something to substitute and get you through the challenging times during your day. Plus they offer a coach that you can meet with weekly..it's an extra accountability measure that's implemented to help you succeed. I've really had a positive experience all around there. Kim, my coach, has given me valuable information .. she's been supportive and there to cheer me on when I needed it! It was a good decision for me.
How about you?

Replies

• Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I really hope some people join this group. I've been trying to find a JC group to join, but haven't had any luck until now. I joined Jenny about 31/2 months ago. My experience has been great and I've lost 35 lbs. without a lot of trouble. Let's see if this group flies.
  • dolphins5407
    dolphins5407 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I joined Jenny on March 17 of this year and so far I've lost 65.2 pounds! As I like to say, I got "sick and tired of being sick and tired" and was going to be taking a vacation to see my parents in Arizona. I really wanted to surprise them and help them not worry so much about me. I'm so glad I joined. In just 5 months I'm already halfway to my goal. I could never have come this far if it wasn't for the accountability that JC provides AND the incredible support from the great people on the JC Forums and MFP!! It's just so comforting knowing that I'm surrounded by people who "get it."
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I joined at the beginning of May. So far I have lost 22.5 lbs. I do my own breakfasts, as I found several of them were not filling enough. I got stuck through July, but am back on track. I have not figured out how to join this group yet, but I a looking.
  • 59newGIRL19
    59newGIRL19 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HI, ladies! I could sure use some support! I joined Jenny just about a year ago, having to lose over 100#. Well, by Christmas, I had lost almost 50. Then I struggled with holiday foods and crazy schedules and regained 10#. I got back on track til February, losing what I had regained. Then my husband got very sick. No more Jenny, I had too much to do for him. He passed away early in the summer, so I went back again. Unfortunately, my consultant
  • 59newGIRL19
    Options
    this computer is crazy!! Sorry--to continue. My Consultant was great, she had been with me through all the stress eating leading up to my husband's death. I really bonded with her and felt that if I stumbled, she would help me. So for the last 2 visits, the girls told me "Amy couldn't make it" "Amy is sick today." So I just weighed and got my food. So I went yesterday and got some young girl who said my consultant had moved and she would be my consultant from now on. I really felt let down, and although she was nice, she was hurried and didn't really coach me the way my old consultant did. Sigh! I'll keep giving her a try because there is only one other consultant there and I don't want to see her--we don't mesh. So I have Jenny food, which I like, and things in my head from the other consultant, but I feel a little lost at this point, with still 60# to lose. Maybe I'm making too big a thing of this. Thanks for listening.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    Stick with it "Pearlygirl" even though it's not your consultant of choice. It works and you already know it. So sorry for all the stress and the passing of your husband. A good consultant is great, but ultimately it's up to you.
  • argos14
    argos14 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just rejoined today after being off of the program....its worked for me in the pasy...
  • calcraft
    calcraft Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I joined JC about a month ago. I had been a member in the 90's. I was doing well on my own for a while, then I turned 59 in Oct and celebrated till the end of the year, bf and I broke up end of Jan and have been dealing with a year long ankle injury. All excuses to eat and not work out. Joining JC took all the planning and prep out of the way with my busy work schedule. The food is good and I like meeting with my consultant one on one. Down 8 pounds so far with a few hiccups week 3&4. My consultant recommended my fitness pal to track, used in the past and now I'm back. Two days running!
  • Ready2Lose400
    Ready2Lose400 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I joined recently and am loving it. My youngest is 11 months (I also have a 25 month old) and I have zero time for myself so even though the food isn't as healthful as I would like it's been so easy so far
  • kwownow
    kwownow Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I rejoined Jenny in May and was doing so well until September when I started off program eating with Jenny. Not good. I really didn't gain but made no progress with up 1/2; down 1; up 1; down 2-- you get the picture. The new foods were a blessing. I'm halfway and plan to do the two days with my own dinners. I really love my mornings as religiously have 1/2 cup light cottage cheese w 1/2 Apple, cinnamon. Then around 11:00 I watch the view and enjoy Jenny bkfst item. Rest of day goes ok until someone wants to dine out or get pizza at night-- that's where I falter. I'm down 21 lbs and really just want to lose another 12 and maintain. At that weight I'm still overweight but at 67 I'd be happy to be there!
    Glad to find this group!
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I am back on Jenny!! I last was on the program in early 2012 and lost interest after 50lbs, which was about 65% of my goal. I first did Jenny in 2007 and stopped due to pregnancy.
    This time, I really want to get to goal. I am tired of being tired!!
    I'd like some connections for advice and motivation!
  • 59newGIRL19
    Options
    So, I posted way back in August that I was restarting JC and I did for a couple of weeks only. I have really not figured out how to plan a day's menus and thought this week that I would rejoin no matter who my consultant was. Lo and behold! I walked in and my old consultant was back--YAY!!! It was great motivation and a sign that I was doing the right thing.
    So this morning I started week 1 menu, 1500 kcal and I remember how much I love the breakfast burrito with1/4 c salsa on it! Not a fan of their shakes, so I had a half cup of kefir.
    I'm back and I know this will be a success this time, too!
    Happy Halloween!
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    pearlygirl, I'm happy for you that your consultant is back, I know I highly value mine.
  • kwownow
    Options
    I'm faltering again and contemplating stopping Jenny and going it alone. For the month of October no real progress. Roller coaster ride. Prayed November would be fresh start but I only seem to stick for a day or two. Then "let's get a pizza" calls and I'm all in for it-- after a decent program day! I think if I have another gain I can't face my consultant. I'm also sick of the food. Maybe take a break and return when I'm more able to-- or want-- my mojo back.
  • kwownow
    Options
    Just read my post! Your no quitter girl. Keep trying. If that post was written by someone else I would think that girls going to gain back what she lost trying to find her mojo! Come on ME- one day at a time. Are you a quitter? Heck no. I'll keep trying and people please post. Message boards sure help me. Thanks for listening. Oh, there WONT BE A GAIN when I see my consultant. SO THERE
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I rejoined Jenny 4 weeks ago this wed I will start week 5.
    Love the food convenience and support
    My weigh ins every two weeks it's 50 miles to get there. I have a budget 100 for the two weeks. As a rejoinder I was able to get a free year they offered for Jan signing
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow scale has been good and bad so decided to wait until tomorrow at Jenny I did have 169 which is what I want but who knows what tomorrow will bring
    Measurements are different will check stats tomorrow
    Still feeling strange busy day tomorrow and Thursday
    Friday dr check up so want her to look at my systems and see what's going on
  • Jen8D
    Jen8D Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I have been on every diet in existence at some point. I am returning to Jenny Craig because of the convenience, reliability and support. Plus, we don't have a local weight watchers. I lost 25 pounds last time (2007), got to goal, but didn't keep up maintenance. Since then, I've been trying minimeals, and weight training on my own but keep faltering. Every time I go off program, I gain a lot more weight. So, my weight is higher, I'm older, hypothyroid and have a harder time exercising.

My goal is to lose 45 pounds. I hope I can do it, but I'm really worried about maintenance of whatever I am able to lose.

Exercise is so important for increasing metabolism, but I really struggle to keep it up. Consistency is hard for me long term.

Anyway, I'm glad to have Jenny support on MFP. And I'm happy to see the Jenny meals are in the database. The Jenny app has bad reviews, and MFP is so easy and reliable.

I still scheduled my first meeting for March 12, after I return from a conference. I hope I like my consultant. My last one was great, except we were more like friends, so sometimes I think she was too easy one when I had a bad week.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    Jen welcome back to jenny. I've been doing Jenny for 11 months and lost 62 lbs. I love it and will continue until I reach my goal. I may buy the food even after goal as I love the convenience. I live a very, busy life. Jenny works for me.
  • blasian603
    blasian603 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have struggled with my weight for many years. I've tried a few different diets and had only temporary success. I'm good when I'm focused and determined but maintenance has always been my downfall. I lose weight and act like I've never had a weight problem! :/ Anyway, I finally hit my heaviest weight a few months ago and decided to get serious about losing weight again. Working out has never been an issue for me. I am somewhat of a gym rat. I love going to the gym. I have even incorporated hiking once a week into my routine. My issue is when it comes to food. I don't cook so it's easier to go out to eat or pick up fast food. I needed a food plan that was convenient and delicious with variety. That's when I decided to try out Jenny Craig. I had my first weigh-in with JC on 12/23/15. I started the program on 1/3/16. I'm happy to report that at my last weigh-in on 2/28/16, I was down 20.2 pounds!! I'd say this program has been working out for me because it is convenient and the food is actually pretty dang good. I love the variety as well. It's nice to see a counselor every week although, if I'm being honest, she's a very small part of my success. Having to visit with her every week and talk about my week's successes (and/or failures) gives me accountability but it's not the real motivation. The real motivation comes when I put my pants on and I have to grab a belt and pull it tighter and fasten it in the hole next to the one I used to use. Man! What a great feeling. But I've been here before. This is when I start feeling like I can loosen my efforts. And before I know it, I'm back to where I started. This time has to be different. This time IS going to be different. I'm not starting over again. My goal was to lose 40 pounds. I'm at the halfway point. I'm going to get there! And more importantly, I'm going to STAY there!