Costume ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm thinking I'll dress as a monarch butterfly - I found a butterfly wing tutorial on youtube that uses garbage bags. It actually looks really nice. Right now the plan is to TRY to make them, and if the attempt totally fails, I guess I'll start over at square 1.

That sounds really cool. I might have to google that. I've seen the umbrella bat wings and they really look great, but I haven't seen garbage bag wings.
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    So something we tossed around this wknd was snow white & prince charming. We love the show Once Upon a Time so a version from the show. Now to find the right time period clothing....
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm thinking I'll dress as a monarch butterfly - I found a butterfly wing tutorial on youtube that uses garbage bags. It actually looks really nice. Right now the plan is to TRY to make them, and if the attempt totally fails, I guess I'll start over at square 1.

Those wings look really cool!
  • mandyP79
    mandyP79 Posts: 84 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I finally decided! I bought a batman shirt with a cape attached. So, I will be batwoman, lol. Now my goal is to loose enough lbs to look decent in black leggings :) All together since starting my journey, I have lost 25lbs! Im guessing 15 of that was since this challenge.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I did Street fighter last year, I was Chun Li and he was Dark Ryu.
    This year we are doing zombie prom dates, I'll be practicing make up this weekend, never done the zombie thing so it'll be interesting.
  • jmd543
    jmd543 Posts: 174 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I've been invited to a Day of the Dead Walk, so I'm going to be a Mexican folk dancer for Halloween and then die and put on my makeup. I'm working on several costumes (also LARP, SCA, and Japanese/Anime Fest), so I want to combine a couple of them. Oh, and also, at Arduino Saturday, I'm testing conductive thread, so hopefully I'll have something that at least lights up. I saw a cool costume that flaps the wings using a sensor.
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    jmd543 wrote: »
    hopefully I'll have something that at least lights up. I saw a cool costume that flaps the wings using a sensor.

That sounds really cool.

I'm still up in the air. Which isn't good because I really need to commit and start getting the costumes ready. We had decided on Han and Leia from Star Wars but now we are going to a witches ball and the theme is magical creatures. So do I ditch our plans and come up with something for the theme or just say screw it to the theme and go as what we originally wanted to? (I know several won't be matching the theme so it wouldn't just be us but I'm thinking I'd rather go with the theme)

• MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to have second thoughts about my costume. The centerpiece of the outfit, the arm cannon fits over my right arm so I won't have use of it at all, plus it gets heavy after a while.

I'm going to continue working on the rest of it, but in the meantime I'm trying to find a backup that is a bit less hassle to wear. This week's task is painting the backpack "boiler" unit and attaching some led lights to the leg pieces and getting them wired up. I have to figure out some kind of switch to turn them on and off.
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    I'm either dressing up as
    1. Black Canary (if I can figure out a costume that does not involve a bodysuit) to go with my husband's Green Arrow, OR
    2. as a nightmare dressed like a daydream- pretty hair and makeup, fancy dress, beating heart in one hand and an ax strapped to my back.
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    mandyP79 wrote: »
    I finally decided! I bought a batman shirt with a cape attached. So, I will be batwoman, lol. Now my goal is to loose enough lbs to look decent in black leggings :) All together since starting my journey, I have lost 25lbs! Im guessing 15 of that was since this challenge.
    Awesome.