Introduce yourself!

Options
chantyc1
chantyc1 Posts: 137 Member
tell us a bit about your self and what your goals are.

Replies

• newgirl512
    newgirl512 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 15 lbs to be at my goal weight. I saw your thread and noted that Christmas was 17-18 weeks away so this is perfect timing for me. I lb per week should be attainable. That being said, I have been attempting to lose 10 lbs for the last 2 years! I think that Mondays are a great weigh in day because it keeps me accountable for the weekend. Let me know if that works for you.
    Sept 26
    SW-162
    GW-145
  • gracesluckystar2015
    Options
    Hi my name is Grace and I like the sound of this group with Christmas as the target time frame. I've been tracking what I eat for 3 weeks and I've lost 9lb so far I have a huge way to go my start weight was 19st 1lb and currently 18st 6lb and by Christmas I would like to lose another 1st 6lb which would bring me to 17st then I plan to set another goal :) hope everyone will keep us all updated on progress my weigh day is a Saturday
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I have 10.5lbs to go to reach my xmas goal.
    sw 145.5
    gw 135
    My goal is to be the thin mom at my daughter's wedding and I thought I had a chance til I saw his mom today and now she is competing with me. Oh this is going to be a rough race. ;)
  • WicklowWanderer
    WicklowWanderer Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Oops, posted in the wrong thread I think!

I've been on MFP since end of July. Starting weight was 12.5 stone, now down to 11.5 stone. My goal weight is 10 stone, perhaps even a little less but I'll be thrilled with 10! At 5' 7" and lightly active, I wasn't obese but definitely overweight. I turn 40 next month and found I had an overwhelming urge to see if I could lose the extra and give myself a health overhaul. I'm glad I did- my blood pressure and cholesterol were up and I'm looking forward to getting everything retested in a few weeks to see what's happening.

I'm making better food choices (replaced pasta, rice and potatoes with veg and have given up bread) but refuse to give up wine, coffee, cheese and the odd square of chocolate! The 1200 calories per day is generally manageable while I've increased my activities to include 5km of walking at least every second day, a couple of gym sessions per week and weekly roller derby training. Next week I start a strength and conditioning course run by the gym- I'm hoping to learn to lift and up my fat burning! I find these groups really helpful and it was an August and September group that saw me through my first stone. I've never lost a stone before.

I should add that I doubt I'll hit my target weight by Christmas as I'm happy with the 1 to 1.5lb loss per week at the moment. I do expect to lose another stone by then so, which will be just fine! So Xmas goal is 148 lbs!
  • AliceinLondonland
    Options
    Hi my name is Alice and a week ago I was 84.2kg (13stone 4ish) as of yesterday I weighed in at 82.2 kg (12 stone 13ish). My overall desire is to be under 10 stone ...

If by Christmas I can lose 20 lbs I will be over the moon :-) and well on my way :-)
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    SW: 84 kg (185 lbs)
    CW: 76 kg (167 lbs)

My goal weight for Christmas is 70 kg (154 lbs), but my ultimate goal is around 60-65 kg (132-143 lbs) :smile:
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hello I would like to lose a stone by Christmas that is just over 1lb a week in total I want to lose 17-20lb
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    hi :) I have had some medical issues recently, dratted foot, and had blood-work done today to see about my thyroid and metabolism. Hopefully all is well, but i definitely want to lose 20 lbs by christmas, that would take me to my high school graduation weight...not my final goal lol but headed in that direction.
    cw 195
    christmas gw 175
  • miztessbert
    miztessbert Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hello. My goal is to be 150 lbs by December 31st. I'm currently at 163.8 so I believe it's doable if I continue to eat healthy, keep moving, and continue using MFP to keep track. I'm thinking joining this group will add another layer of accountability to help me keep on track. Fingers crossed!
  • franciss
    franciss Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been tying to lose weight for the last 10 years. I have lost some but at the end I gained it all with extras.
    I am now on my highest weight ever and feel very un-happy and un-fit. Cant run with the kids anymore etc.
    I have re-started again yesterday, I feel motivated since I miss being with the kids as much as before. I have to set small goals for that reason Christmas sounds great. Evening/Night snacks are my biggest problem.

Starting SW: 95 Kg (209lbs)
    Christmas GW: 88 Kg (194lbs)
    Ideal CW: 75 Kg (165lbs)

Great to have a group
    Thank you chantyc1
  • Lola2248
    Lola2248 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in!

12 weeks, I'd love to aim for 12lbs but struggle to lose so much... so being realistic...

SW: 204 lbs
    Christmas GW: 194lbs
    Ideal GW : 168 lbs
  • Lola2248
    Lola2248 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    franciss wrote: »
    Hi. I have been tying to lose weight for the last 10 years. I have lost some but at the end I gained it all with extras.
    I am now on my highest weight ever and feel very un-happy and un-fit. Cant run with the kids anymore etc.
    I have re-started again yesterday, I feel motivated since I miss being with the kids as much as before. I have to set small goals for that reason Christmas sounds great. Evening/Night snacks are my biggest problem.

Starting SW: 95 Kg (209lbs)
    Christmas GW: 88 Kg (194lbs)
    Ideal CW: 75 Kg (165lbs)

Great to have a group
    Thank you chantyc1

We have same goal weight and practically same starting weight :-)
  • vegemitesandwich
    vegemitesandwich Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey

I've been losing the same 8 or 9 kilos for the past 4 years, pretty cyclically. Each year when it starts getting warmer here I'll decide I need to lose it for summer, start doing okay then get to Xmas, or my girlfriend's birthday, and go off the rails and gain it all back.. so, here I am. Again.

Starting weight: 68kg
    Current weight: 66.4kg
    Xmas ideal weight: 59kg (so if I mess up at Xmas I've still got some grace weight before I hit 60 again)
    Ultimate ideal weight: around 58kg, then start bulking up
  • cmjohnson53
    cmjohnson53 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Morning! This sounds like a great idea! Having a target set for 11 or so weeks in advance is a good strategy for me, not so close, but not too far in the future that I don't feel the pressure to conform to good practices! I will shoot for 20 lbs and hope for a little more!
  • starmc91
    starmc91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Glad to be in this group, my goal is to lose 15lbs by Christmas. I currently weigh 140 lbs and have just start working out and exercising regularly again this week! Hopefully this will help me avoid gaining the extra holiday lbs!
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Melinda, my goal is to be 165 lbs by Christmas (currently 178 lbs). I'm trying to join challenges and discussions more and more so I don't lose focus (that's been my problem in the past) so I'm happy this was created as I need this!
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My name is Cindy. I'm 5'3". Ok ok I'm 5"2". I'm at 126 pounds right now but really trying hard to get to my maintenance weight of 115. Can not do it. No matter how hard I try. That last darn 10 pounds. So it's my goal to lose the 10 pounds going into Christmas since I know I'll put it all on over Christmas (maybe!!).
  • Lard69
    Lard69 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Name is Anthony from London. Been trying to lose weight for a while and usually do with this app just maintaining seems to be the problem. Currently, 102.9kgs target weight for Christmas is 93kg so that I can attack the last 8kg that I would like to lose after Christmas. So around 10kgs to lose.

Challenge accepted
  • Lard69
    Lard69 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Also, anyone feel free to friend me if you want, haven't really done the friend thing in here so happy to give it a go
  • Daisy_Mae
    Daisy_Mae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I saw this group while looking around the site. I need some motivation and accountability!! I always have about 42 lbs to lose to get to my "I love my body" goal weight. I haven't done much more than log my calories, leave for year or two then come back and log again. I have never really used any of the other extras like the community before. Well, I know that logging calories work as that is the ONLY way I have lost weight in the last 6 years. I log . . I lose. I don't log . . I gain. I am one of those people that never eats enough. I'm just not hungry. I always pick good whole healthy food and tend to stay away from fatty foods. Ex, it's 950pm and I still have about 400 or more calories to eat. SO . . . time to grab those almonds!

Anyways, I'm 5'2", my goal would be to lose 15 by Christmas and 25 by February when my 1st "baby" gets married. I want to be in those pics and not cringe.

Thanks for posting this group and challenge . . . challenge accepted!!