Supplements

Options
cbarn025
cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
What supplements are you on? WHich do you like best? Where do you buy your supplements? Has anyone tried Kali Muscles' "Hyphy Mud"?

Replies

• StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I take either black coffee or 200 mg caffeine pills as a pre-workout. I also use ON whey to supplement my protein intake. I used to take creatine but I'm finding it isn't as necessary as I thought.

As for Hyphy Mud, I've read quite a bit about it, though it seems that the effects wear off pretty quickly. It probably has to do with the initial sugar rush followed by the inevitable crash, but I've never tried it so I can't really comment on it. I like fasted workouts and the soda would get in the way. Anyway, the consensus is that Hyphy Mud is a cheap alternative to other pre-workouts like Jack3d or NO-Xplode. So if you can afford more effective pre-workouts, go for those instead.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, creatine, fish oil, vitamin D, magnesium, zinc, calcium. I've never taken a preworkout, unless you count coffee.

I look for deals online, I never set foot in a GNC.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I know this is supposed to be for men, but I have just started taking tribulus and its really helping me with my training, can push myself more, and im sleeping bit deeper. :)
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    Protein powder, creatine, fish oil, vitamin D, magnesium, zinc, calcium. I've never taken a preworkout, unless you count coffee.

Do you know if you bring up an Amazon ad ( or any other legitimate ad)on your smart phone, GNC will match that price??

True story, they just don't advertise the fact too often ....
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Do you know if you bring up an Amazon ad ( or any other legitimate ad)on your smart phone, GNC will match that price??

True story, they just don't advertise the fact too often ....

So what you're saying is that in case of an "emergency", I can just go to the local GNC instead of waiting for my order to arrive?!

b3mWa.gif
  • cbarn025
    Options
    I did not know this.
  • cbarn025
    Options
    I checked with my local GNC and they said it only applied to another store. Not anything seen online.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    it must depend on the local owner then. As mine will for me ...
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Nice jugs.

All i take is protein and dextrose to supplement my diet, and creatine(dem gainz).

I do find creatine helps. done many back to back trials on and off. definately feel better/perform better when on.
  • ElliottH19
    ElliottH19 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    -Fish oil / Multivitamin ( Morning )

*Pre workout stack:
    Creatine Monohydrate /L-citrulline
    Beta Alanine/ 200mg caffeine pill

-Protein Isolate (post workout)

-5g Creatine Monohydrate:
    (non training days)

******WHOLE FOODS
    ******WHOLE FOODS
    ******WHOLE FOODS

• jph3
    jph3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Daily: Multi, Vitamin C, Fish Oil, NAC, ALA
    Pre-Workout: Legion Athletics Pulse
    Post-Workout: Hydrolyzed Whey, Creatine

• The_Hiking_Viking
    The_Hiking_Viking Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    One suppliment i dont see on here is those for joint repair. Just like your muscles your joints take a beating and need to be maintained and repaired. As you get older you will be happy you took preventative steps.