Unbelievably good recipe

NewSue52
NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
I love italian food. It is my favorite cuisine. Following a LCHF way of eating makes this problematic. I found a recipe on www.ibreatheimhungry.com that is so good I didn't care that there was no pasta in it. If you like, and miss, a good dish of pasta try the Cheesy Cauliflower alla Vodka Casserole. It was amazing and is in MHO the best way to prepare cauliflower.

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Thank you! Bought cauliflower today and was going to look for a new recipe! Will be perfect to keep me in the gourmet cook impression for the family! I love this way of cooking! The food is sooooo good!
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Good to know! I pinned it awhile ago but haven't tried it yet
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    We love italian food too. I make zucchini lasagna about once a week, even my carby partner loves it.

2 layers in this order:

Thin sliced zucchini (long ways)
    Bolognaise sauce (canned tomatos, garlic powder, onion powder, italian herbs, a little vegeta and mince - blend all of the ingredients except the mince with a stick blender = perfect pasta sauce)
    Bechemel sauce (eggs, ricotta, garlic powder, salt and pepper - blended with a stick blender)

Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for about 50 minutes (not too hot).

Recipes I've seen say to cook the zucchini first, but who can be bothered. It is fine if you don't, as long as you bake it long enough to cook the zucchini.
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    What is vegeta and mince? A spice or a typo? The recipe sounds great.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    huh! Good to know. I was looking for something different to actually cook for dinner tonight. I'll try it too! Always good to have recommendations.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    That sounds so good. Thanks.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Vegeta is a spice, mince is ground meat I believe.