Back after Surviving Cancer and raring to get back into it!

Options
Bmar26
Bmar26 Posts: 10 Member
I've been absent from fitnesspal for almost 2 years. I became quite ill in Feb. 2014 and after major surgery in Dec 2014 was diagnosed with Stage 4a Tonsil Cancer in February and I underwent 6 weeks of daily radiation treatments and 5 rounds of Chemo. I'm finally starting to feel better and embracing my new normal, so it's time to get back on track and try and be the best me I can be. I discovered today that the process will be slow (when I first got sick I was rowing for 1/2 hr. each day as well as 1/2 our on the stationary bike + an hour of strength training every other day.) Today I managed 5 minutes on the rowing machine ... I will try for another 5 this afternoon and 10 in one shot tomorrow.

I'm hoping we can all motivate each other to become healthier and stronger individuals ...

Replies

• donnymom
    donnymom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am a breast cancer survivor (1 yr.) and came back to myfitnesspal too. Start slow and gradually your strength will come back. Take care and do for yourself. No one can fight this battle for you and you matter. This is your time to take care of you and not everyone else first!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Congrats on beating the beast!!!!
    Welcome back!!!! Baby steps for sure!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Congratulations on your victory over the beast! I am a Stage 3a breast cancer survivor, since August 2011. Mastectomies, reconstruction, 5 months of chemo and 6 weeks of daily radiation. 2015 is the first year I haven't had a surgery and am starting to feel halfway human again. It's a long haul! I'm really proud of you for getting back into it so quickly. I wish I would have pushed myself sooner but just had no strength. I like that you are embracing your new normal. :smile: