Looking for low carb buddies!

Options
2»

Replies

• fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Okay, I see a lot of people I've not seen before so, if you would like, please add me as a friend.
  • amb312
    amb312 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can add me too!
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • karlaweymier
    karlaweymier Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new and my diary is open to friends. Feel free to add me also!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You can add me too - I've been doing this since January and have lost 40lbs. 30 more to go. I am still learning though and have recently incorporated a one day (34ish hours) fast into my weekly programme to keep weight loss going. I don't always log religiously as I find it quite time-consuming, but would log most things most days.

I find that coming here almost daily and browsing the boards helps to keep my motivation and commitment to this WOE high - thanks everyone!!!
  • mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes, anyone on this thread can add me, as well. I have found this group so helpful and motivating. I just started low carb on 9/26. Have no idea if I've lost any weight (I rarely weigh myself, go more by how my pants fit and which ones I can get into). It's super helpful hanging around this group and looking at other low carb folks diaries.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me!! I want lots of low carb friends :) I think I'm also convincing some non-low-carb friends to give this a try :)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I would love some LCHF buddies ,too. Please add me . ( although I don't get to post constant support all day, I try to catch up on weekends) I am new to this WOE. I haven't got it all down yet, but I am excited to see it work, since I am also just recently T2 diabetic diagnosed.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    You can add me too, I'very been doing it solo for almost all year, 10kg to go till I'm a healthy weight but want to get there by Christmas so I'm getting really serious now!

That's awesome! I did it for a month and only lost 3lbs so I got discouraged and fell off the wagon. I'm back on now and working to be better prepared for life's little hiccups this time around.

You do realize that this still averages out to just under a pound a week, which is completely reasonable loss rate, right @403isaiah?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Anyone looking for LC buddies are welcome to add me any time. I'm not going anywhere. :smile:
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Anyone looking for LC buddies are welcome to add me any time. I'm not going anywhere. :smile:

Same here. I think I accidentally turned down a FR a few days ago, if that was someone who reads this, sorry! Ask me again!
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I would really like some buddies, I sent requests to those above me. I am new to this whole LC WOE but i have been reading about it for years, it took my husbands diabetes diagnosis to get both of us moving in the right direction.
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started LCHF in June.
  • KurlyStarr
    KurlyStarr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Please add me too!!! I could use more LCHF friends and support!
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    You can add me too, I'very been doing it solo for almost all year, 10kg to go till I'm a healthy weight but want to get there by Christmas so I'm getting really serious now!

That's awesome! I did it for a month and only lost 3lbs so I got discouraged and fell off the wagon. I'm back on now and working to be better prepared for life's little hiccups this time around.

You do realize that this still averages out to just under a pound a week, which is completely reasonable loss rate, right @403isaiah?

...actually, I never thought of it that way. I was so busy walking around angry at myself and the world that I keep slipping up, struggling with cravings and not having lost double digits that I couldn't see the forest through the trees.

Thanks to the encouragement I have gotten from this board, I am slowly but surely snapping out of my funk and getting back on track with much more realistic expectations.
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend too! Have been doing this since about May and have lost about 30# or so with a total of 78 gone and another 50 more to go, so I will be around for a long long time. BT