Preworkout...

Options
Hey... Can any of you guys recommend a good preworkout. I'm just about done with my C4 and wanted some feedback before buying anymore. Are there any specific brands/flavors that you either love or absolutely hate?

Replies

• ouija86
    ouija86 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    C4 is pretty standard. If you're looking for more of a kick k'otic is intesne. I just started back on bullnox, which is one of my favorite preworkouts, this is my go-to for volume training
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I like Bullnox too. Mr. Hyde is pretty good. Just be sure to cycle them so you don't get use to any one of them in particular. C4 seems to be the easiest to get immune too.
  • bonitabrooklynbomb
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. :)
  • bonitabrooklynbomb
    Options
    cbarn025 wrote: »
    I like Bullnox too. Mr. Hyde is pretty good. Just be sure to cycle them so you don't get use to any one of them in particular. C4 seems to be the easiest to get immune too.

Yes... and the fact that it tastes like JollyRanchers doesn't help. Lol
  • ElliottH19
    ElliottH19 Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    In my opinion, supplement companies are great at making the consumer believe that they are getting what they pay for, but in all actuality, they bulk up their products with unnecessary fillers and ingredients. Then they'll put a fancy label on it and say " great pumps, insane energy, you can't train without it" lol
    The FDA does not evaluate any supplements in the fitness industry. It's clearly marked on every supplement label you decide to buy. Therefore, they can claim it has several different vitamins, aminos, creatine monohydrate, and others in it, and actually lack a majority of what it claims. A lot of company's got caught under dosing their products and filling them with unnecessary filler ingredients. Since nothing is regulated, they can do what they want with a product because no ones looking over their shoulder with specific guide lines and mandatory qualifications. I personally make my own pre workout, which you only need 3 ingredients. Those 3 ingredients are in every pre-workout, yet when u look at that label, there's over 30 different things in it you can't pronounce. Sure sounds good hearing all those fancy "special matrix's" that will give u mind blowing energy and skin splitting pumps.... The ingredients I'm referring to are Creatine, L-Citrulline, and Beta alanine. That's it. I use 5g of creatine, 5g Beta alanine, and 8g of L-Citrulline.I also take an all natural caffeine pill for energy (200mg) with the everything...
    Mix all three ingredients in a small cup with a teaspoon of Gatorade mix, and there's your pre workout. I buy all my ingredients from a place called bulksupplements.com. Everything is lab tested and approved through strict guideline standards. Research 'make your own pre workout.'You'll be surprised the money you save. The guarantee alone that you weighed and combined all the ingredients yourself, and everything is exactly what it's supposed to be, is all worth the little time and effort involved in assuring the process is correct.
    Good Luck and Hope this helped:)
  • ElliottH19
    ElliottH19 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • jph3
    jph3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've tried a ton. After experiencing the Golden Years of DMAA, everything on the market now pales in comparison.

I stumbled upon Legion Athletics Pulse on Amazon. It's probably the best I've found so far. I'm meaning to try Altius next, but the ingredients are virtually identical, so I expect similar results.
  • CancerSurvivor2014
    CancerSurvivor2014 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    ElliottH19 wrote: »
    In my opinion, supplement companies are great at making the consumer believe that they are getting what they pay for, but in all actuality, they bulk up their products with unnecessary fillers and ingredients. Then they'll put a fancy label on it and say " great pumps, insane energy, you can't train without it" lol
    The FDA does not evaluate any supplements in the fitness industry. It's clearly marked on every supplement label you decide to buy. Therefore, they can claim it has several different vitamins, aminos, creatine monohydrate, and others in it, and actually lack a majority of what it claims. A lot of company's got caught under dosing their products and filling them with unnecessary filler ingredients. Since nothing is regulated, they can do what they want with a product because no ones looking over their shoulder with specific guide lines and mandatory qualifications. I personally make my own pre workout, which you only need 3 ingredients. Those 3 ingredients are in every pre-workout, yet when u look at that label, there's over 30 different things in it you can't pronounce. Sure sounds good hearing all those fancy "special matrix's" that will give u mind blowing energy and skin splitting pumps.... The ingredients I'm referring to are Creatine, L-Citrulline, and Beta alanine. That's it. I use 5g of creatine, 5g Beta alanine, and 8g of L-Citrulline.I also take an all natural caffeine pill for energy (200mg) with the everything...
    Mix all three ingredients in a small cup with a teaspoon of Gatorade mix, and there's your pre workout. I buy all my ingredients from a place called bulksupplements.com. Everything is lab tested and approved through strict guideline standards. Research 'make your own pre workout.'You'll be surprised the money you save. The guarantee alone that you weighed and combined all the ingredients yourself, and everything is exactly what it's supposed to be, is all worth the little time and effort involved in assuring the process is correct.

good link...thanks

• bodyfuelnutritionllc
    Options
    Neon volt! Good stuff. And strong coffee is always good.
  • gin_7
    gin_7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ElliottH19 wrote: »

I never thought to make my own! Great idea!!!!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Visit your local Vitamin Shoppe and ask for free samples. Get a like 10. I stop in every few weeks. Have not paid for preworkout in 3 months. lol It works for me.
  • cuhris
    cuhris Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just use 1 1/2 scoops of C4... I workout at 6:30 AM and I'm fine with it.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Currently using turbulence. I like the yohimbe
  • mdp427
    mdp427 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just drink a cup of black coffee or a double espresso and wait ~15 mins. I take all of my other supplements (creatine/fish oil/vitamins/etc) separately. Seems to work for me.
  • bergevin
    bergevin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Core Nutrionals Fury Extreme. 1 full scoop is a little too much.
  • ravijosh
    ravijosh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use LOCO by myoblox
  • geordie_magic
    geordie_magic Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've tried a lot of the supplemented pre workouts but in all fairness a good dose of coffee pre workout and a BCAA drink during your workout, cannot go wrong.
  • buffdudeintraining2018
    Options
    Try gfuel it’s awesome
  • carolsoules
    carolsoules Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like Pre-Jym. Taste isn't great IMO but the results in the gym are worth it.
  • Riff1970
    Riff1970 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using BCAA’s with caffeine. Scivation Extend Go or Optimum Nutrition Essential Amino Energy. Both worked good for me but if coffee does it for you, go for it!